Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / Indorama Kokand Textile to attain its full capacity by 2013 end
Indorama Kokand Textile to attain its full capacity by 2013 end
07
Sep '11
Uzbek-Singaporean joint venture Indorama Kokand Textile proposes to attain its full capacity by close of 2013.

The JV company set up on the base of Qoqand Textile Combine is making final preparations to commence operations and would shortly go operational.

As a part of the venture, a state-of-the-art laboratory for carrying out inspection of raw materials and product quality has been set up.

Besides, the firm has even set up its own energy units and would carry out production work in three shifts.

Along the lines of the general project, the firm would attain its targeted capacity by close of 2013 while generating 550 new employment opportunities. The enterprise is expected to export goods worth around US$ 32 million each year.

In the first phase, the firm would each year process 9,000 tons of cotton fibre and would eventually grow this capacity to around 16,000 to 20,000 tons towards close of 2013.

Indorama Corporation and National Bank of Uzbekistan for Foreign Economic Activity (NBU) instituted the new joint venture firm in July this year with a charter capital of US$ 18 million.

The Singaporean firm holds 76 percent stake in the venture, while the rest 24 percent share is with NBU.

Indorama Corporation initially acquired Qoqand Textile Combine's property and decided to invest minimum of US$ 55 million during 2010 to 2013.

Fibre2fashion News Desk - India


Must ReadView All

Apparel/Garments | On 23rd Sep 2017

AAFA urges negotiators to preserve TPLs in NAFTA

The American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA), an alliance of...

Textiles | On 23rd Sep 2017

SIMA urges Centre to re-look duty drawback rates

he Southern India Mills’ Association (SIMA) has appealed to the...

Textiles | On 23rd Sep 2017

PKR 690.65-mn budget for Pakistan Cotton Committee

The Pakistan Central Cotton Committee (PCCC) recently approved a PKR...

Interviews View All

Top executives
Textile industry, India

Such fairs are a must for industry to showcase new innovations

Rashi Menda
Zapyle

Every fifth sale we make on Zapyle is a repeat purchase

Shiladitya K Joshi
Truetzschler India Private Limited

India ITME provides a platform to interact with our stakeholders

Mohammad Hassan
Biax Fiberfilm

About one in every 20 patients picks up an infection while hospitalised....

Iago Castro Asensio
RCfil Distribuciones S.L.

Iago Castro Asensio, International Business Manager of RCfil...

Marten Alkhagen
Swerea IVF AB

Marten Alkhagen, Senior Scientist - Nonwoven and Technical Textiles of...

Sidharth Sinha
Sidharth Sinha

<b>Sidharth Sinha</b> has contributed to the successful rebirth and...

Prathyusha Garimella
Prathyusha Garimella

Hyderabad-based designer <b>Prathyusha Garimella</b> is known for blending ...

Mike Hoffman
Gildan Activewear SRL

Gildan Activewear, a manufacturer and marketer of branded clothing and...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

September 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes
74.5%
No
12.8%
Skip
12.8%

Total Votes: 47

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes
61.7%
No
25.5%
Skip
12.8%

Total Votes: 47

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes
87.2%
No
6.4%
Skip
6.4%

Total Votes: 47

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.

Active Poll

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes
70.2%
No
10.6%
Skip
19.1%

Total Votes: 47


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search