Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / Russian Bashneft signs JV for ethylene production
Russian Bashneft signs JV for ethylene production
14
Sep '11
Bashneft, a leading Russian oil producing company has signed a joint venture (JV) agreement with Petrochemical Holding GmbH, an Austria-based company, for production of ethylene and other petrochemicals.

Yakov Goldovsky, who heads the Austrian company, had earlier been the head of another leading Russian petrochemical company Sibur.

The new company to be established under the JV will be called United Petrochemical Company. While a majority stake of 75 percent in the company will be owned by Bashneft, the other 25 percent stake will be with the Austrian firm.

The new venture is expected to have an annual production capacity of 300,000 tons of ethylene, besides other petrochemicals. For the purpose, new capacities will be set up in Ufa and Nizhny Novgorod, besides expansion of Bashneft's current facilities in Dzerzhinsk city, Russia's main petrochemical production centre.

The project would also involve processing of all petrochemical raw materials produced at Bashneft's refineries, which is currently estimated to be around 25 million tons each year.

Fibre2fashion News Desk - India


Must ReadView All

Courtesy: American Silk Mills

Textiles | On 18th Oct 2017

Sutlej Textiles adds American Silk Mills to its portfolio

Sutlej Textiles and Industries Ltd (STIL) has announced the...

Arvind Limited executive directors Punit Lalbhai (left) and Kulin Lalbhai explaining the project to Gujarat chief minister Vijay Rupani. Courtesy: Arvind Ltd

Apparel/Garments | On 18th Oct 2017

Arvind to set up mega apparel facility in Gujarat

Arvind Limited, one of India’s largest textile to retail...

Cotton stocks accumulating everywhere outside of China

Textiles | On 18th Oct 2017

Cotton stocks accumulating everywhere outside of China

Global cotton stocks outside of China are expected to rise by nearly...

Interviews View All

Kaizad Hansotia
GetNatty

Competition is the best thing that can happen to a startup

Top executives
Textile industry, India

The event should be organised every year

Shawn Honeycutt
Bolger & O'Hearn

‘The Indian market is interesting and rather persistent in seeking new...

Suresh P Bagrecha

Komal Texfab, founded in 1981, is into manufacturing of knitted fabrics,...

Harsh Shah

Established in 1956 with a small beginning, Embee today manufactures a...

Nitesh Mittal

Kusumgar Corporates is a leading manufacturer of technical textiles and...

Johan Berlin
InvestKonsult Sweden AB

Investkonsult Sweden AB has been buying and selling second-hand textile...

Silke Brand-Kirsch
Schlegel und Partner

Silke Brand-Kirsch, executive partner of Schlegel und Partner, a leading...

Iago Castro Asensio
RCfil Distribuciones S.L.

Iago Castro Asensio, International Business Manager of RCfil...

Vaanee Bhatia
Gritstones Clothing

<div>Delhi-based Gritstones Clothing offers quality and exemplary style...

Nisha Chanda
Whistling Woods International School of Fashion

<div>A lack of upgraded courses in costume designing and fashion as per...

Sanjukta Dutta
Sanjukta's Studio

<b>Sanjukta Dutta</b> creates unique garments by clubbing prints of...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

October 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes
77.3%
No
13.6%
Skip
9.1%

Total Votes: 66

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes
60.6%
No
28.8%
Skip
10.6%

Total Votes: 66

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes
84.8%
No
10.6%
Skip
4.5%

Total Votes: 66

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.

Active Poll

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes
74.2%
No
12.1%
Skip
13.6%

Total Votes: 66


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search