Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / Ecuador plans 8% growth in textile & garment industry
Ecuador plans 8% growth in textile & garment industry
17
Dec '11
The Government of Ecuador intends to strengthen the country's textile and garment industry by implementing a special plan to improve competitiveness of the industry, Santiago Leon, the Minister for Industry said.

Inaugurating a seminar on "The Textile and Clothing Sector in Ecuador: Macroeconomic Analysis", the Minister said the textile and garment sector provides direct employment to over 127,000 people in the country, of which, 73 percent are in urban areas and the remaining 27 percent are in rural areas.

The Minister informed that the country's textile and garment sector has grown at an average of around 1.14 percent during 2005-10.

He said the textile industry is expected to contribute 5.8 percent to the Ecuadorian economy by 2011-end.

Under the current plan to improve competitiveness, which includes strengthening the public-private dialogue process, the aim is to increase productivity of textile and garment industries by 8 percent over the next four-year period, according to the Minister.

He said the 8 percent growth will meet the increasing domestic demand in recent years.

The current plan will boost research at Innovacentro, the Ecuadorian innovation centre, in application and adoption of new technologies in production and business services. It will also allow the development of textile and garment value chain in regions where those industries are located.

Innovacentro is involved in research and development for the design and manufacturing of textiles. The centre promotes a continuous process of research for enhancing productivity, competitiveness and structural adjustment.

Fibre2fashion News Desk - India


Must ReadView All

Apparel/Garments | On 23rd Sep 2017

AAFA urges negotiators to preserve TPLs in NAFTA

The American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA), an alliance of...

Textiles | On 23rd Sep 2017

SIMA urges Centre to re-look duty drawback rates

he Southern India Mills’ Association (SIMA) has appealed to the...

Textiles | On 23rd Sep 2017

PKR 690.65-mn budget for Pakistan Cotton Committee

The Pakistan Central Cotton Committee (PCCC) recently approved a PKR...

Interviews View All

Varinder Singh Jawanda
Trendy Bharat

Sizing and fitting issues are inherent problems for companies expanding...

Siddharth Biyani
Mangalam Industries Pvt Ltd

‘The manufacturing sector is improving day-by-day, becoming better in...

Nitin Bhatia
Trend Arrest

Setting up a brand for online selling is easy, but running the brand is not

Larry L Kinn
Suominen Corporation

Larry L Kinn, Senior Vice President - Operations Americas of Suominen...

Suresh Patel
Sidwin Fabric

Sidwin Fabric is a manufacturer and exporter of polypropylene textiles and ...

Iago Castro Asensio
RCfil Distribuciones S.L.

Iago Castro Asensio, International Business Manager of RCfil...

Karan Arora
Karan Arora

Bridal couture created with rich Indian heritage, exquisite craftsmanship...

Yash P. Kotak
Bombay Hemp Company

One of the directors of Bombay Hemp Company, Yash P. Kotak, speaks to...

Bani Batra

Bani Batra’s couture wedding collection is inspired by traditional Indian...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

September 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes
74.5%
No
12.8%
Skip
12.8%

Total Votes: 47

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes
61.7%
No
25.5%
Skip
12.8%

Total Votes: 47

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes
87.2%
No
6.4%
Skip
6.4%

Total Votes: 47

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.

Active Poll

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes
70.2%
No
10.6%
Skip
19.1%

Total Votes: 47


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search