Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / Maharashtra weavers get loan waiver of up to Rs. 50,000
Maharashtra weavers get loan waiver of up to Rs. 50,000
17
May '12
Maharashtra Government has announced a waiver of loans of up to Rs. 50,000 obtained by weavers and handloom workers till March 31, 2010.

The decision is expected to benefit around 6,000-7,000 weavers in the state, who are either self-employed or employed in cooperative or private sectors.

To serve the same cause for weavers across the country, the Central Government had announced a package of Rs. 38.84 billion for 2011-12 and current fiscal.

Maharashtra Textiles Minister Naseem Khan, who termed the decision as a “historic” one, said Maharashtra is the first state to introduce such a measure, whereby the Centre would bear 80 percent cost of writing off the loans, while the state government would contribute the rest 20 percent.

In accordance with the policy norms, after writing off loans to the extent of Rs. 50,000 obtained by weavers till March 31, 2010, the hand weavers would be allowed to avail fresh business loans.

These new loans would qualify for a three percent interest subsidy for the next three years.

Fibre2fashion News Desk - India


Must ReadView All

Turkish-Algerian JV to set up textile unit in Relizane

Textiles | On 17th Jan 2018

Turkish-Algerian JV to set up textile unit in Relizane

Construction of one of Africa's largest textile production...

Courtesy: Indorama Ventures

Textiles | On 17th Jan 2018

IVL, Huvis to enter JV for Low Melting Fibre plant in US

Indorama Ventures Limited (IVL), a global chemical producer, and...

Future Group to set up garment manufacturing in Bengal

Apparel/Garments | On 17th Jan 2018

Future Group to set up garment manufacturing in Bengal

Kishore Biyani-led Future Group is going to set up a garment...

Interviews View All

Top executives
Textile industry, India

Such fairs are a must for industry to showcase new innovations

Mandeep Nagi
Shades of India

Women value something that is unique and has a flavour of India

Saket Garg
Garg Corporation

The biggest challenge is lack of skilled workforce and competition from...

Harmeet Singh

New Delhi-based Jogindra Industries Private Limited provides an assortment ...

Ravindra Jain, Ashish Baid

Oswal Prints Private Limited has been manufacturing and exporting ethnic...

Harsh Shah

Established in 1956 with a small beginning, Embee today manufactures a...

Suresh Patel
Sidwin Fabric

Sidwin Fabric is a manufacturer and exporter of polypropylene textiles and ...

Paolo Ocleppo
Sandvik Hyperion

Paolo Ocleppo, Rotary Cutting Segment manager, Sandvik Hyperion discusses...

Kerem Durdag
Biovation II LLC

Kerem Durdag, CEO, Biovation II LLC, provides an insight into future...

Jay Ramrakhiani
Occasions Elegance Wear

It is believed that by early 19th century, Varanasi weavers had moved away ...

Judy Frater
Somaiya Kala Vidya

Among the many honours showered on Frater, including Fulbright and Ford...

Sanjukta Dutta
Sanjukta's Studio

<b>Sanjukta Dutta</b> creates unique garments by clubbing prints of...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

January 2018

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes
68.8%
No
13.5%
Skip
17.7%

Total Votes: 96

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes
63.5%
No
29.2%
Skip
7.3%

Total Votes: 96

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes
87.5%
No
9.4%
Skip
3.1%

Total Votes: 96

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.

Active Poll

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes
82.3%
No
8.3%
Skip
9.4%

Total Votes: 96


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search