Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / BPCL's ethylene plant to go operational by Dec 2013
BPCL's ethylene plant to go operational by Dec 2013
09
Oct '12
In spite of various difficulties posed by several external factors, the Brahmaputra Cracker & Polymer Ltd’s (BCPL) project, also called the Assam Gas Cracker Project, is heading in the right direction and 79.6 percent of the project work is already completed.
 
Talking to reporters, BCPL Managing Director PN Prasad said the petrochemical project launched by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in April, 2007, is expected to go operational by December 2013, following its conclusion in July 2013. Originally, April 2012 was fixed as the deadline for completion of the project.
 
On completion, the project will have an annual production capacity of 220,000 tons of ethylene, 60,000 tons of propylene and 60,000 tons of polypropylene. 
 
While GAIL holds 70 percent stake in the project, NRL, OIL and the Assam Government hold the rest 30 percent stake in equal proportion.
 
Mr. Prasad said several external factors such as bad weather, unsatisfactory performance of contractors and workers’ strife have been hampering the progress of the project, but they are trying hard to ensure that there is no further delay in completing the project.
 
He informed that impacted by factors like increasing cost of construction, technology and design change and inflated time-line, the project cost has gone up and the total budget for the project has been hiked from Rs. 54.6 billion to Rs. 92.85 billion.
 
By September 15, 2012, a sum of Rs. 52.799 billion was spent in capital expenditure for the project, representing a financial progress of 59.19 percent. 
 
Upon commissioning, the project would employ around 620 employees, of which, around 426 recruitments will be in the executive cadre, Mr. Prasad said.
 

Fibre2fashion News Desk - India


Must ReadView All

Textiles | On 26th Jul 2017

Q1 2018 revenue at Raymond soars 14%

The consolidated revenue of Raymond Limited for the first quarter of...

Textiles | On 26th Jul 2017

Textile Corp of America to create 1000 jobs in Tennessee

Textile Corporation of America Inc, a leading textile manufacturer,...

Textiles | On 26th Jul 2017

Leather & footwear industry expecting incentive package

India’s leather and footwear industry is anticipating an incentive...

Interviews View All

Nuno Venda
ROQ

‘There has been an increase in demand for water based inks, rather than...

Jim Desai
Blaiva Fabricaa

Fashion industry likely to remain labour-intensive in coming years

Neel Sawhney
One Friday

‘The share of kidswear segment in the online sector is still small in...

Marcel Alberts
Eurofibers

Coating at a fibre level is a practice not usually seen in the...

Steve Cole
Xerium Technologies

Steve Cole of Xerium Technologies discusses the industry. Xerium is the...

Mohammad Hassan
Biax Fiberfilm

About one in every 20 patients picks up an infection while hospitalised....

Ritu Kumar
Label Ritu Kumar

‘Classics will return’ "There are a lot of people wearing western clothes ...

Robert Brunner
Devereux

Golfwear and menswear brand Devereux is set for greener pastures. Robert...

Yash P. Kotak
Bombay Hemp Company

One of the directors of Bombay Hemp Company, Yash P. Kotak, speaks to...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

July 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search



X