Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / Egyptian govt allocates E£ 300mn for textile sector
Egyptian govt allocates E£ 300mn for textile sector
10
Oct '12
The Egyptian Government has allocated E£ 300 million for revival of textile companies, especially spinning and weaving units.
 
The Government headed by Prime Minister Dr. Hisham Qandil is keen to revive the textile spinning and weaving industries in the country, as they involve low investment while creating several employment opportunities, Minister of Trade and Industry Dr. Hatem Saleh said while announcing the Cabinet decision.
 
There will not be any lay-offs during the restructuring of loss making textile companies, even if these companies are liquidated, the Minster said.
 
He added that efforts would be made to further boost the profits of profit-making spinning and weaving companies.
 
On the other hand, various alternatives would be considered for loss-making companies, which cannot be restructured. Liquidation and partnership with the private sector would be among the various options that would be considered by the Government to minimize losses of these firms.
 
The Minister said there are 430 textile units in the country which are facing problems, 90 percent of which have trouble with banks, while the remaining 10 percent have license problems. He said the Government is making efforts to tackle and address the problems of these companies.
 

Fibre2fashion News Desk - India


Must ReadView All

ITC, ICS tie up to help Moroccan textile value chain

Textiles | On 21st Apr 2018

ITC, ICS tie up to help Moroccan textile value chain

The International Trade Centre (ITC) has partnered with ICS, which...

Bangladesh garment manufacturers call for fair pricing

Apparel/Garments | On 21st Apr 2018

Bangladesh garment manufacturers call for fair pricing

Bangladesh garment manufacturers want a ‘commensurate adjustment’ by...

Pak ministry proposes extension to PM package for 2018-19

Textiles | On 21st Apr 2018

Pak ministry proposes extension to PM package for 2018-19

Pakistani textile ministry has reportedly proposed extending the...

Interviews View All

Nitin Soni
Dolphin Jingwei Machines

Taxation policies need to be made simpler

Subhashini Srinivasan
The S Studio

Ethnicwear market will see an upward trend if uniqueness and quality are...

Representatives
Textile & apparel industry

GST is a complicated and lengthy process

Harmeet Singh

New Delhi-based Jogindra Industries Private Limited provides an assortment ...

Tom Adeyoola

Describing itself as the best body shape and garment fit company in the...

C Dhandayuthapani

MAG Solvics Private Limited was established in 1991 to design and develop...

Silke Brand-Kirsch
Schlegel und Partner

Silke Brand-Kirsch, executive partner of Schlegel und Partner, a leading...

Iago Castro Asensio
RCfil Distribuciones S.L.

Iago Castro Asensio, International Business Manager of RCfil...

Mohammad Hassan
Biax Fiberfilm

About one in every 20 patients picks up an infection while hospitalised....

Amiben Shroff
Shrujan

From its modest beginning in the late 1960s, Shrujan has grown into a...

Jay Ramrakhiani
Occasions Elegance Wear

It is believed that by early 19th century, Varanasi weavers had moved away ...

Wendell Rodricks
Wendell Rodricks

"We should not compare India and the West. There are things we do that...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

Leave your Comments


April 2018

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes
69.9%
No
12.6%
Skip
17.5%

Total Votes: 103

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes
63.1%
No
29.1%
Skip
7.8%

Total Votes: 103

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes
87.4%
No
8.7%
Skip
3.9%

Total Votes: 103

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.

Active Poll

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes
82.5%
No
7.8%
Skip
9.7%

Total Votes: 103


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search