Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / Saudi Polymers to resume production in Jan 2013
Saudi Polymers to resume production in Jan 2013
12
Dec '12
The Al Jubail complex of Saudi Polymers, which was closed down on November 10 this year due to technical problems, would remain closed during the current month and restart in January 2013, holding company of Saudi Polymers, The National Petrochemical Co (Petrochem), has said. 
 
In a report submitted to the Saudi Stock Exchange, Petrochem said that initially it was expected that the plant would remain shut for about four weeks, but owing to ongoing maintenance work at the complex, the shutdown is expected to be extended.
 
The report stated that presently though it is not possible to fix an exact date for restarting the facility, it would resume production somewhere in January next year.
 
The Al Jubail complex has an annual capacity to produce 1.16 million tons of ethylene, 430,000 tons of propylene, 1.1 million tons of polyethylene, 200,000 tons of polystyrene (PS), 400,000 tons of polypropylene (PP) and 100,000 tons of 1-hexene.
 
Petrochem has a 65 percent ownership in the petrochemical complex, while the rest 35 percent stake is held by Arabian Chevron Phillips Petrochemical, a fully-owned subsidiary of US-based Chevron Phillips Chemical (CPC).
 

Fibre2fashion News Desk - India

Must ReadView All

Prime Minister Theresa May speaking on the UK government's negotiating objectives for exiting the EU. Courtesy: UK government

Textiles | On 18th Jan 2017

UK to pursue trade agreements with other countries

The United Kingdom will pursue free trade agreements with the EU and...

Courtesy: Alibaba Group

Apparel/Garments | On 18th Jan 2017

Alibaba forges global alliance to fight counterfeiting

Jack Ma led Alibaba Group has forged an alliance with various global...

Information Technology | On 18th Jan 2017

eBIZ 4.0 to digitise European fashion supply chain

eBIZ 4.0 is a new step of eBIZ, the public-private initiative that...

Interviews View All

Pratik Bachkaniwala
Palod Himson Machines

Fabric processing machines are picking up

Priyanka
Studio Priyanka Rajiv

‘To reinvent the age-old tradition of embroidery to suit demographics and...

Awen Delaval
Samatoa

'Natural fibres are appreciated for traditional authenticity'

Larry L Kinn
Suominen Corporation

Larry L Kinn, Senior Vice President - Operations Americas of Suominen...

Mohammad Hassan
Biax Fiberfilm

About one in every 20 patients picks up an infection while hospitalised....

Kerem Durdag
Biovation II LLC

Kerem Durdag, CEO, Biovation II LLC, provides an insight into future...

Ritu Kumar
Label Ritu Kumar

‘Classics will return’ "There are a lot of people wearing western clothes ...

Prathyusha Garimella
Prathyusha Garimella

Hyderabad-based designer Prathyusha Garimella is known for blending...

Karan Arora
Karan Arora

Bridal couture created with rich Indian heritage, exquisite craftsmanship...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH
January 2017

January 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

SUBSCRIBE


Browse Our Archives

GO


eNEWS
Insights
Subscribe today and get the latest News update in your mail box.
Advanced Search