Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / Indonesian polyester industry likely to grow 7% in 2013
Indonesian polyester industry likely to grow 7% in 2013
23
Feb '13
The polyester manufacturing industry in Indonesia is likely to grow by seven percent this year, according to PT Asia Pacific Fibers (APF), the largest polyester producer in Indonesia.
 
The polyester business in Indonesia is expected to improve slightly in 2013, due to increased demand from both overseas and domestic buyers, APF president director V Ravi Shankar told The Jakarta Post.
 
According to Mr. Ravi Shankar, the improved economy in China would also work in favour of Indonesian polyester industry, as it will result in a decline in volume of polyester imports from China.
 
APF currently has 23 percent and 22 percent share in Indonesia’s polyester staple fibre (PSF) and polyester filament yarn (PFY) markets, respectively.
 
While about 65 percent of APF production is consumed by Indonesia’s domestic market, the remaining 35 percent is exported to Brazil, Mexico, Egypt, South Korean and countries in the EU region.
 

Fibre2fashion News Desk - India


Must ReadView All

US announces final CVD on fine denier PSF from China, India

Textiles | On 19th Jan 2018

US announces final CVD on fine denier PSF from China, India

The US secretary of commerce Wilbur Ross recently announced the...

EU consumers to gain from cheaper, safer, better e-payments

Apparel/Garments | On 19th Jan 2018

EU consumers to gain from cheaper, safer, better e-payments

European consumers can now reap the full benefits of paying online...

Courtesy: Epson

Textiles | On 19th Jan 2018

Epson's new SC F2100 enhances DTG printing

Epson, a leader in inkjet printers and digital textile printing...

Interviews View All

Giovanni Pizzamiglio, Paolo Crespi & Riccardo Robustelli
Epson, For.Tex & F.lli Robustelli

‘The percentage share of printing in the global textile market is pretty...

Karan Toshniwal
Orange O Tec

Contemporary industry is paying more and more attention to the...

Prabu Mohanram
Balavigna Weaving Mills Pvt Ltd

The biggest challenge that the weaving industry faces is high price

Rikesh Mistry

Jupiter Comtex Pvt Ltd, established in 1973, started its textile machinery ...

Nitesh Mittal

Kusumgar Corporates is a leading manufacturer of technical textiles and...

Erik Sy

Manila-based CustomThread is a start-up offering premium custom apparel...

Kerem Durdag
Biovation II LLC

Kerem Durdag, CEO, Biovation II LLC, provides an insight into future...

Larry L Kinn
Suominen Corporation

Larry L Kinn, Senior Vice President - Operations Americas of Suominen...

Iago Castro Asensio
RCfil Distribuciones S.L.

Iago Castro Asensio, International Business Manager of RCfil...

Divvya and Nidhhi Gambhir
Walnut

<b>Divvya and Nidhhi Gambhir</b> started their career with the launch of...

Rupa Sood and Sharan Apparao
Nayaab

Nayaab, an exhibition meant to celebrate Indian weaves, is in its second...

Anisha Chaudhari
Threads & Shirts

Threads &amp; Shirts is a freshly-tailored concept providing men/women a...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

January 2018

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes
69.1%
No
13.4%
Skip
17.5%

Total Votes: 97

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes
63.9%
No
28.9%
Skip
7.2%

Total Votes: 97

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes
87.6%
No
9.3%
Skip
3.1%

Total Votes: 97

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.

Active Poll

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes
82.5%
No
8.2%
Skip
9.3%

Total Votes: 97


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search