Fourth Quarter 2012 (“Q4 2012”) compared to Fourth Quarter 2011 (“Q4 2011”)
Net sales were $90.5 million, including unfavorable foreign currency translation of $1.3 million, or 1.4%, compared to $89.3 million
Operating income of $2.0 million, or 2.2%, compared to $4.4 million, or 4.9%
− Q4 2012 operating income included an asset impairment charge of $1.8 million
− Q4 2011 operating income included income of $0.8 million from a completed pricing negotiation and $0.4 million of income from a license agreement
Net income of $2.4 million, or $0.14 per share, compared to $2.7 million, or $0.16 per share
− Income tax benefit of $0.5 million included a reversal of valuation allowance on a foreign tax credit carryover of $1.3 million, or $0.08 per share
2012 Year Highlights
Net sales were $378.9 million, including unfavorable foreign currency translation impact of $10.6 million, or 2.8%, compared to $383.6 million in 2011
Gross margin of 20.5%, an improvement of 290 basis points from 2011, primarily from operational efficiency improvements in the Thermal/Acoustical Fibers segment
Operating income of $21.4 million, or 5.6%, compared to $16.2 million, or 4.2% in 2011
− 2012 operating income included the asset impairment charge of $1.8 million and $0.8 million of income from a license agreement
− 2011 operating income included $1.6 million of income from a license agreement
• Effective tax rate for 2012 of 19.9%, primarily as a result of reversal of valuation allowance on a foreign tax credit carryover of $3.9 million, or $0.23 per share, compared to an effective tax rate of 41.3% in 2011
• Income from continuing operations in 2012 was $16.8 million, or $0.99 per share, compared to $9.1 million, or $0.54 per share in 2011
• Net income of $16.8 million, or $0.99 per share, compared to net income in 2011 of $13.8 million, or $0.82 per share
• Cash provided by operations of $15.2 million in Q4 2012 ($34.4 million in full year 2012) compared to cash provided by operations of $12.6 million in Q4 2011 ($14.7 million in full year 2011)
• Cash and short-term investments of $63.6 million at December 31, 2012 compared to $42.9 million at December 31, 2011
Net sales of $90.5 million in Q4 2012 were $1.1 million greater than Q4 2011. Increased sales volume from the Thermal/Acoustical Fibers (“T/A Fibers”) segment of $3.3 million and the Life Sciences Vital Fluids business (“VF business”) of $0.8 million, included in Other Products and Services, were partially offset by lower net sales from the Performance Materials (“PM”) and Thermal/Acoustical Metals (“T/A Metals”) segments of $2.1 million and $0.7 million, respectively.
Textiles | On 28th Mar 2017
The Government of India is likely to impose anti-dumping duty on...
Apparel/Garments | On 28th Mar 2017
The Competition Commission (CCI) of India has approved the proposal...
‘Portugal is taking away a major share of the mill made sector.’
Mohammad Mamun Ar Rashid
UL VS Bangladesh Ltd
Productivity, creativity and innovation play a vital role in the growth of ...
Global Organic Textile Standard
‘GOTS is a very efficient supply chain management tool, especially for...
Paolo Ocleppo, Rotary Cutting Segment manager, Sandvik Hyperion discusses...
Kevin Nelson, Chief Scientific Officer, TissueGen discusses the growing...
Coating at a fibre level is a practice not usually seen in the...
Textiles | On 28th Mar 2017