Fourth Quarter 2012 (“Q4 2012”) compared to Fourth Quarter 2011 (“Q4 2011”)
Net sales were $90.5 million, including unfavorable foreign currency translation of $1.3 million, or 1.4%, compared to $89.3 million
Operating income of $2.0 million, or 2.2%, compared to $4.4 million, or 4.9%
− Q4 2012 operating income included an asset impairment charge of $1.8 million
− Q4 2011 operating income included income of $0.8 million from a completed pricing negotiation and $0.4 million of income from a license agreement
Net income of $2.4 million, or $0.14 per share, compared to $2.7 million, or $0.16 per share
− Income tax benefit of $0.5 million included a reversal of valuation allowance on a foreign tax credit carryover of $1.3 million, or $0.08 per share
2012 Year Highlights
Net sales were $378.9 million, including unfavorable foreign currency translation impact of $10.6 million, or 2.8%, compared to $383.6 million in 2011
Gross margin of 20.5%, an improvement of 290 basis points from 2011, primarily from operational efficiency improvements in the Thermal/Acoustical Fibers segment
Operating income of $21.4 million, or 5.6%, compared to $16.2 million, or 4.2% in 2011
− 2012 operating income included the asset impairment charge of $1.8 million and $0.8 million of income from a license agreement
− 2011 operating income included $1.6 million of income from a license agreement
• Effective tax rate for 2012 of 19.9%, primarily as a result of reversal of valuation allowance on a foreign tax credit carryover of $3.9 million, or $0.23 per share, compared to an effective tax rate of 41.3% in 2011
• Income from continuing operations in 2012 was $16.8 million, or $0.99 per share, compared to $9.1 million, or $0.54 per share in 2011
• Net income of $16.8 million, or $0.99 per share, compared to net income in 2011 of $13.8 million, or $0.82 per share
• Cash provided by operations of $15.2 million in Q4 2012 ($34.4 million in full year 2012) compared to cash provided by operations of $12.6 million in Q4 2011 ($14.7 million in full year 2011)
• Cash and short-term investments of $63.6 million at December 31, 2012 compared to $42.9 million at December 31, 2011
Net sales of $90.5 million in Q4 2012 were $1.1 million greater than Q4 2011. Increased sales volume from the Thermal/Acoustical Fibers (“T/A Fibers”) segment of $3.3 million and the Life Sciences Vital Fluids business (“VF business”) of $0.8 million, included in Other Products and Services, were partially offset by lower net sales from the Performance Materials (“PM”) and Thermal/Acoustical Metals (“T/A Metals”) segments of $2.1 million and $0.7 million, respectively.
Textiles | On 25th May 2018
The Government of India has relaxed cabotage rules for transportation ...
Textiles | On 25th May 2018
Teejay Lanka, one of Sri Lanka’s largest textile manufacturers, has...
Textrade International Ltd
We believe in vocational education for entry-level employees, offering...
Gem Enviro Management Pvt Ltd
There are no significant differences between virgin yarn and PET recycled...
Giovanni Pizzamiglio, Paolo Crespi & Riccardo Robustelli
Epson, For.Tex & F.lli Robustelli
‘The percentage share of printing in the global textile market is pretty...
Oswal Prints Private Limited has been manufacturing and exporting ethnic...
<div>Delhi-based fast fashion womenswear brand, Besiva, aims to bridge the ...
Founded in 1999 by Navin Patel in the name of Tejas Fabrics with 100...
Kevin Nelson, Chief Scientific Officer, TissueGen discusses the growing...
Steve Cole of Xerium Technologies discusses the industry. Xerium is the...
The Indian market has huge potential in technical textiles, and by far,...