Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / Titan plans naphtha cracker project in Indonesia
Titan plans naphtha cracker project in Indonesia
29
Mar '13
Aiming to expand presence in the petrochemical space, Indonesia’s biggest polyethylene producer, PT Titan Kimia Nusantara Tbk plans to construct a naphtha cracker complex near its industrial plant in Merak, Banten. 

Johanes Bambang Budihardja, non-affiliated Director of the publically listed company said the firm intends to spend around three to five billion USD on construction of the new facility with a projected ethylene production capacity of 700 kilo tons per annum (KTA) and propylene production capacity of 500 KTA, Jakarta Post reported.
 
Originally it was planned to launch the construction of the said plant this year, however due to some problems in acquisition of land for setting up the plant, this has now been pushed back to 2017, while the date for launching operations has been pushed back from early 2016 to early 2018, he said.
 
Mr. Budihardja said the firm has acquired around 37 hectares of the 100 hectares of land required for building the new complex, but is still negotiating for securing the remaining 60 hectares of land from PT Krakatau Steel, a state-run steel producing company.
 
Chief Commissioner of Titan Kimia, Lee Hun Ki said the firm plans to obtain around 60 percent of the funds for the new facility from South Korea’s official export credit agency - Korea Eximbank (KEXIM) and the rest from its holding firm Lotte Chemical Titan International Sdn. Bhd.
 
Lotte Chemical Titan International Sdn. Bhd. holds a 95.31 percent stake in Titan Kimia, while the rest 4.69 percent is held by public.
 
Last year, Titan Kimia achieved 352 kilo metric tons (KMT) polyethylene production levels, which is the highest level attained since launch of operations by the company.
 
However, this could not save the firm from incurring a net loss of US$ 16 million. 
 
The firm has been posting negative results since 2010, when it last booked a profit of US$ 23 million on account of enhanced sales and consumer base.
 

Fibre2fashion News Desk - India


Must ReadView All

L-R: Dhanapal, JMD, Best Corporation; Prabhu Damodaran, Convenor, ITF; Narayanasamy, MD, Micro Cotspin; Senthilnathan, MD Rasitex India; and Sabapathy, MD, Prasanna Spinning Mills

Textiles | On 24th Jul 2017

TN mills seek partnership with cotton growing states

Spinning mills in Tamil Nadu are seeking stronger partnership with...

Textiles | On 24th Jul 2017

Arvind, KVIC sign agreement for khadi certification

India’s leading lifestyle and fashion conglomerate Arvind Limited has ...

Textiles | On 24th Jul 2017

Gartex all set to feature garment, textile solutions

Complete value chain of garment and textile manufacturing solutions...

Interviews View All

Headhonchos
Textiles & allied industry

Textiles industry is always in the forefront in accepting latest technology

Amardeep Singh
Orient Craft

'In export markets, the trend in terms of embroidery, is towards matte...

Sachin Sharma
Gem Enviro Management Pvt Ltd

There are no significant differences between virgin yarn and PET recycled...

Mohammad Hassan
Biax Fiberfilm

About one in every 20 patients picks up an infection while hospitalised....

Paolo Ocleppo
Sandvik Hyperion

Paolo Ocleppo, Rotary Cutting Segment manager, Sandvik Hyperion discusses...

Suresh Patel
Sidwin Fabric

Sidwin Fabric is a manufacturer and exporter of polypropylene textiles and ...

Prathyusha Garimella
Prathyusha Garimella

Hyderabad-based designer <b>Prathyusha Garimella</b> is known for blending ...

Nisha Chanda
Whistling Woods International School of Fashion

<div>A lack of upgraded courses in costume designing and fashion as per...

Sanjukta Dutta
Sanjukta's Studio

<b>Sanjukta Dutta</b> creates unique garments by clubbing prints of...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

July 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search



X