Production for NSW was up by 21% to 604,000 tonnes for the period, while Queensland's production rose by 6% to 369,000 tonnes.
The ABS also reported the area of land used for agriculture in Australia fell by 1% in 2011-12, to 405 million ha. However, the area planted to crops remained steady over the period at 32.0 million ha.
Of Australia's total land area, approximately 53% was used for agriculture. The highest proportion of use, 79% of state area, was Queensland.
Other key national facts for the period, as reported by the ABS:
-121,000 businesses reported agriculture as their main activity, with beef cattle the largest sector (comprising almost one-third of businesses)
- 14,700 businesses undertook agricultural operations as a secondary activity
- the canola harvest was also the largest on record at 3.4 million tonnes
- wheat production increased by 9% over the previous year, to 29.9 million tonnes
- lupin production increased nationally by 22% to 982,000 tonnes
- the area planted to sugar cane for crushing increased by 10% to 339,000 tonnes, although production only rose by 3% over the previous year to 26.0 million tonnes
Apparel/Garments | On 24th May 2018
The Washington, D.C.-based National Retail Federation and...
Textiles | On 24th May 2018
Reflecting continued growth in the global economy, world cotton mill...
Union budget 2018-19 will have positive impact on apparel industry
Very few machinery manufacturers have R&D units
Zenitex Mill Pvt Ltd
Full of green energy
Reckon Industries adapts latest systems for manufacturing from designing...
Sushila International, a well established textile organisation established ...
<div>Jaipur-based Fabriclore Retailing Pvt. Ltd. is attempting to revive...
Bombay Textile Research Association
Bombay Textile Research Association (BTRA) is a leading name in textile...
Voith Paper GmbH & Co. KG
The glass mat industry is growing by five to eight per cent annually. Kai...
Nature Works LLC
Eamonn Tighe, Fibres and Nonwovens - Business Development Manager of...