The Caring for Texas Award Program promotes continuous improvement in safety, community awareness, emergency response, and pollution prevention.
The “Sustained” level recognizes sustained performance over three years with high performing scores each year, including one year of receiving “Excellence” (highest score for that group.) Eastman also achieved Sustained recognition for performance in 2011.
“It’s a very special honor for Texas Operations to be recognized a third time for sustained performance over a multiyear period in the areas of safety, community awareness, pollution prevention, and emergency response," said Mark Bogle, vice president and general manager of the site.
“This recognition highlights our continual efforts to protect the people who live and work here and reflects outstanding performance by our employees who make Texas Operations a great place to work.”
Texas Operations’ accomplishments during 2012 include:
- Monetary support of United Way and other non-profit agencies, in addition to employee volunteer support
- Workforce development activities by 15 High School Partnership Teams with the 15 surrounding school districts
- Energy savings of nearly 700,000 MBTUs – majority which were achieved from a site steam trap testing and repair program
- Annual emergency drill with internal emergency response program for continual improvement of response capabilities
- Implementation of on-site single-stream recycling program
- Installation of new boiler resulting in total reduced NOx and CO emissions of more than 200 tons per year
- Sponsorship of Texas Envirothon environmental education competition
- Annual North East Texas Fire Training School at the site’s fire training grounds was conducted for the 41st year where over 100 local and municipal firefighters participated and over 20 employees assisted with the training.
- On-site 200-acre Nature and Wildlife Habitat Center was visited by over 200 teachers and students
- Biennial deer survey conducted around the surrounding acreage of the plant to help monitor the health of the deer population
- Active Community Advisory Panel since 1990
- Voluntary participation in the 5-county North East Texas Air Care organization
- Continued participation in a third-party certified Responsible Care Management System that drives enhanced environmental, safety and security performance
The Texas Operations facility also received the Texas Chemical Council (TCC) Distinguished Service Award recognizing chemical company sites in Texas for achieving an OSHA injury rate in the top half of member chemical companies.
This award distinguishes sites showing continual improvement in their injury rate over time and for supporting on-going TCC efforts to promote safety in the Texas chemical industry and the State as a whole.
“This award recognizes the efforts of all TXO employees and contractors to maintain diligence in following Texas Operations’ Basic Safety Expectations and to continually work to improve safety for themselves and their co-workers,” said Mark Bogle, TXO Vice President/General Manager.
Eastman is a global specialty chemical company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With a portfolio of specialty businesses, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability.
Eastman Chemical Company
Apparel/Garments | On 3rd Dec 2016
Myntra is on track to achieve sustainable growth and be EBITA...
Textiles | On 3rd Dec 2016
The India International Textile Machinery Exhibition (India ITME)...
Textiles | On 3rd Dec 2016
Indian textile firms Laxmipati Sarees, makers of polyester sarees and ...
Hindoostan Innovation Centre
‘Modern technical textile is an indispensable tool for science and...
‘RT3 motto is: Do not check millimetres, check colours.’
‘Online economy has changed the whole dynamics of buying habits.’
Kevin Nelson, Chief Scientific Officer, TissueGen discusses the growing...
Giorgio Mantovani, MD of Corman, with a presence in both Milano and New...
Voith Paper GmbH & Co. KG
The glass mat industry is growing by five to eight per cent annually. Kai...