The Caring for Texas Award Program promotes continuous improvement in safety, community awareness, emergency response, and pollution prevention.
The “Sustained” level recognizes sustained performance over three years with high performing scores each year, including one year of receiving “Excellence” (highest score for that group.) Eastman also achieved Sustained recognition for performance in 2011.
“It’s a very special honor for Texas Operations to be recognized a third time for sustained performance over a multiyear period in the areas of safety, community awareness, pollution prevention, and emergency response," said Mark Bogle, vice president and general manager of the site.
“This recognition highlights our continual efforts to protect the people who live and work here and reflects outstanding performance by our employees who make Texas Operations a great place to work.”
Texas Operations’ accomplishments during 2012 include:
- Monetary support of United Way and other non-profit agencies, in addition to employee volunteer support
- Workforce development activities by 15 High School Partnership Teams with the 15 surrounding school districts
- Energy savings of nearly 700,000 MBTUs – majority which were achieved from a site steam trap testing and repair program
- Annual emergency drill with internal emergency response program for continual improvement of response capabilities
- Implementation of on-site single-stream recycling program
- Installation of new boiler resulting in total reduced NOx and CO emissions of more than 200 tons per year
- Sponsorship of Texas Envirothon environmental education competition
- Annual North East Texas Fire Training School at the site’s fire training grounds was conducted for the 41st year where over 100 local and municipal firefighters participated and over 20 employees assisted with the training.
- On-site 200-acre Nature and Wildlife Habitat Center was visited by over 200 teachers and students
- Biennial deer survey conducted around the surrounding acreage of the plant to help monitor the health of the deer population
- Active Community Advisory Panel since 1990
- Voluntary participation in the 5-county North East Texas Air Care organization
- Continued participation in a third-party certified Responsible Care Management System that drives enhanced environmental, safety and security performance
The Texas Operations facility also received the Texas Chemical Council (TCC) Distinguished Service Award recognizing chemical company sites in Texas for achieving an OSHA injury rate in the top half of member chemical companies.
This award distinguishes sites showing continual improvement in their injury rate over time and for supporting on-going TCC efforts to promote safety in the Texas chemical industry and the State as a whole.
“This award recognizes the efforts of all TXO employees and contractors to maintain diligence in following Texas Operations’ Basic Safety Expectations and to continually work to improve safety for themselves and their co-workers,” said Mark Bogle, TXO Vice President/General Manager.
Eastman is a global specialty chemical company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With a portfolio of specialty businesses, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability.
Eastman Chemical Company
Textiles | On 11th Dec 2017
Thirteen countries — Germany, France, Italy, the United States,...
Apparel/Garments | On 11th Dec 2017
Readymade garment exports from Bangladesh increased 7.46 per cent in...
Sedo Treepoint GmbH
We see a higher demand in colour management systems, as customers see big...
Dolphin Jingwei Machines
Taxation policies need to be made simpler
Sunil Kumar Sharma
Loknayak JPNSSSG Ltd
'The blend of cotton–linen yarn has high demand in the domestic and...
Manila-based CustomThread is a start-up offering premium custom apparel...
<div>Jaipur-based Fabriclore Retailing Pvt. Ltd. is attempting to revive...
<div><b>Liz Manning</b>, Business Development Manager at Catexel, has...
Steve Cole of Xerium Technologies discusses the industry. Xerium is the...
Sidwin Fabric is a manufacturer and exporter of polypropylene textiles and ...
Iago Castro Asensio
RCfil Distribuciones S.L.
Iago Castro Asensio, International Business Manager of RCfil...
Silvia Venturini Fendi
"Yes, my confidence and positive attitude are my strengths and should be...
Aditi Somani specialises in luxury fusion wear with international cuts and ...
Label Ritu Kumar
‘Classics will return’ "There are a lot of people wearing western clothes ...
Textiles | On 7th Dec 2017
Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?Yes
Total Votes: 91
Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?Yes No Skip
Total Votes: 91
Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?Yes
Total Votes: 91
Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.
Total Votes: 91