The symposium will be held at the Textile Technology Center in Belmont, N.C., USA, and program sessions will focus on fibers, preparation, dyeing, color communication, finishing, and sustainability. As part of the program, attendees will tour the Textile Technology Center, which is located on the Kimbrell Campus of Gaston College in Belmont, N.C., USA.
Confirmed presentations and speakers include:
-Lenzing Fibers: Sustainability through Innovation—Claus Metzig, Lenzing.
-Cationic Dyeable Fibers: What I thought I knew about Acrylic, Modacrylic, and Cationic-Dyeable Polyester—Nelson Houser, M. Dohmen, USA.
-Textile Processing Guidelines for Fabrics Containing a Renewably Sourced Triexta Fiber—Peter Szanto, DuPont.
-Softer, Abundant and Sustainable: The Future of Bast Fibers—Jay Nalbach, Crailar.
-Effective Cotton Bleaching at Neutral pH—Guan Wang, North Carolina State University.
- Fiber Finishes for Spandex: Formulating for Performance—Stacey Henegar, Goulston Technologies Inc.
- A Look at Supercritical CO2 Dyeing: The DyeCoo Textile System—Ian Burnell, Huntsman.
- Sustainable Practices in Water Treatment in Textile Wet Processing: Water Recovery and Brine Reuse in Dyeing Operations—Len Farias, Cotton Incorporated.
- Real Time Dyebath Analysis for Improving Dyeing—Keith Beck and Bill Dixon, HueMetrix
- Development of Rapid Continuous Dyeing Process for Heavy Weight Residential Nylon Carpet —Chuck Carr and Fred Cook, Georgia Institute of Technology.
- The Problem of PES Oligomers: Their Nature and Counter Measures—Jeff Langley, Pulcra Chemicals LLC.
- Textile Antimicrobials: A Guide to Product Selection, Application and Testing—Brian Aylward, Microban International Ltd.
- Evolution of C8 to C6 Application and Performance—Thomas Poston, Daikin-America.
- FR Testing and Performance Expectations—Tom Fabian, Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
- Best Practices for Alignment of Visual and Instrumental Color Evaluation—Ann Laidlaw, RoLyn Group.
- Dye Choice: An Optimization of Color Consistency, Colorfastness, Color Match and Cost Requirements—Donna Faber, JC Penney.
- Automated Direct Dyebath Reuse: Converting a Batch Process into a Greener Continuous One—Fred Cook, Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Unique Vibrating Membrane Filtration Technology for Wastewater Treatment and Recycling—Larry Stowell, New Logic Research Inc.
- Sustainability Metrics: The NCAA of Textiles and Apparel—Henry Boyter, Center for Environmentally Sustainable Textile and Apparel Businesses (CESTAB).
- Changing the Way Cotton is Dyed Forever—Tony Leonard, ColorZen.
- The Role of Solution Dyeing in the Coloration of Synthetic Fibers—Meredith Boyd, Unifi.
- The ZDHC Roadmap: Who We Are? What Do We Do? How Will We Do It?—Amanda Cattermole, Levi Strauss.
Attendance is limited, so early registration is encouraged. Visit AATCC’s website for additional program details and to register online.
AATCC, the Association of Textile, Apparel & Materials Professionals, is the world’s leading not-for-profit association serving textile professionals since 1921. AATCC, headquartered in Research Triangle Park, N.C., USA, provides test method development, quality control materials, and professional networking for members in about 60 countries throughout the world.
American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists
Textiles | On 12th Dec 2017
Coats, the world’s leading industrial thread manufacturer, has...
Apparel/Garments | On 12th Dec 2017
India has imported $87.4 million worth of readymade garments from...
Wigwam Mills Inc
Wigwam aims to recycle discarded yarn that doesn’t make it through the...
Sedo Treepoint GmbH
We see a higher demand in colour management systems, as customers see big...
‘Buying crowdsourced or creative designs are much more appealing to the...
Oswal Prints Private Limited has been manufacturing and exporting ethnic...
Sushila International, a well established textile organisation established ...
Jupiter Comtex Pvt Ltd, established in 1973, started its textile machinery ...
Giorgio Mantovani, MD of Corman, with a presence in both Milano and New...
The Indian market has huge potential in technical textiles, and by far,...
Voith Paper GmbH & Co. KG
The glass mat industry is growing by five to eight per cent annually. Kai...
India Boulevard is a San Francisco-based curated fashion marketplace that...
Somaiya Kala Vidya
Among the many honours showered on Frater, including Fulbright and Ford...
<b>Sanjukta Dutta</b> creates unique garments by clubbing prints of...
Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?Yes
Total Votes: 92
Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?Yes No Skip
Total Votes: 92
Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?Yes
Total Votes: 92
Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.
Total Votes: 92