Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / India, Vietnam main markets for Chinese textile machinery
India, Vietnam main markets for Chinese textile machinery
29
Aug '13
China exported textile machinery to a total of 158 countries in the first half of 2013. Of these, the countries of South and Southeast Asia accounted for 50.19 percent of the total textile machinery exports made by China during the six-month period.
 
India imported US$ 236 million worth of textile machinery from China from January to June 2013, showing an increase of 15.89 percent year-on-year, and accounting for 20.08 percent of total textile machinery exports made by China.
 
The textile industry is booming in India, and the local Indian textile machinery manufacturing enterprises are unable to meet the sudden outbreak of demand due to their small-scale production capacity and other problems.
 
In comparison, Chinese textile machinery manufacturers have large-scale production capacity, and have higher technical level and scale of manufacturing than Indian manufacturers, which places them at an advantage.
 
Moreover, Chinese manufacturers usually need only 3-4 months for delivery of textile machinery whereas Indian firms generally require more than 24 months period for delivery of machines.
 
Further, Chinese textile machinery manufacturers produce same grade and quality as the European machinery and equipment at only half the price, which makes them very attractive for the Indian textile industry.
 
In order to develop the textile industry, Indian textile enterprises are likely to increasingly place their machinery orders with Chinese firms, making India the largest overseas market for China’s textile machinery sector.
 
From January to June 2013, China’s textile machinery exports to Vietnam increased by a sharp 129.95 percent. Although Vietnam’s textile industry is growing rapidly, its machinery and equipment manufacturing industry is far behind other countries in the region.
 
At present, Vietnamese textile machinery and equipment manufacturing industry can meet only 20 percent of domestic demand and the sector has to rely on imports for the remaining 80 percent of demand.
 
As more and more orders shift from China and other countries to Vietnam, the demand for Chinese textile machinery is likely to increase in the Southeast Asian nation.
 
China’s textile machinery exports stood at US$ 1.174 billion during the first six months of 2013, showing an increase of 7.41 percent year-on-year.
 
Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Shanghai, Beijing City, and Guangdong were the top five textile machinery exporting provinces, together accounting for 81.72 percent of total Chinese exports.
 

Fibre2fashion News Desk - India


Must ReadView All

Courtesy: Stone Island

Apparel/Garments | On 25th Jun 2018

Stone Island has mastered ingredient branding: Braind

Italian high-end men's apparel brand Stone Island tops the list of...

Courtesy: Tecnorama

Textiles | On 25th Jun 2018

'Tecnorama automatic dyeing system offers efficiency'

Italy based Tecnorama’s fully-automatic machinery for dispensing...

Courtesy: Pantone

Textiles | On 25th Jun 2018

Pantone unveils polyester standards

Pantone, provider of professional colour standards for the design...

Interviews View All

Giovanni Pizzamiglio, Paolo Crespi & Riccardo Robustelli
Epson, For.Tex & F.lli Robustelli

‘The percentage share of printing in the global textile market is pretty...

Sanjay Yagnik
Maa Tex Speciality

‘We suggest reducing dosage of sizing chemicals to reduce sludge...

Spokesperson
Hugo Boss

'Hugo Boss works with carefully selected sourcing partners'

Carolin Russ

Weko, Weitmann & Konrad GmbH & Co KG, based in south Germany, is...

Rikesh Mistry

Jupiter Comtex Pvt Ltd, established in 1973, started its textile machinery ...

Harsh Shah

Fynd is the central online shopping destination for fashion, offering...

Kerem Durdag
Biovation II LLC

Kerem Durdag, CEO, Biovation II LLC, provides an insight into future...

Lynda Kelly
Suominen Corporation

Suominen Corporation is a manufacturer of nonwovens as roll goods for...

Eamonn Tighe
Nature Works LLC

Eamonn Tighe, Fibres and Nonwovens - Business Development Manager of...

Akta Adani
India Boulevard

India Boulevard is a San Francisco-based curated fashion marketplace that...

Robert Brunner
Devereux

Golfwear and menswear brand Devereux is set for greener pastures. Robert...

Cigdem Akin
Cigdem Akin

She has carved a niche for herself as the national brand of Turkey. Her...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

Leave your Comments


June 2018

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Advanced Search