Fiscal 2014 first quarter highlights:
- Net sales were $70.1 million, up 1.4 percent, with mattress fabric sales up 0.5 percent and upholstery fabric sales up 2.4 percent. This is the company’s highest total sales for the first quarter in nine years.
- Pre-tax income was $5.5 million, the highest first quarter level in the company’s history.
- Adjusted net income (non-GAAP) was $4.7 million, or $0.38 per diluted share, for the current quarter, compared with $4.3 million, or $0.34 per diluted share, for the prior year period. (Adjusted net income is calculated using estimated cash income tax expense. See the reconciliation to net income on page 6). Net income (GAAP) was $3.2 million, or $0.26 per diluted share, compared with net income of $3.5 million, or $0.28 per diluted share, in the prior year period.
- The company’s financial position remained strong with cash and cash equivalents and short term investments of $27.6 million and total debt of $7.2 million as of July 28, 2013.
- Consolidated return on capital was 32 percent compared with 31 percent in the prior year period.
- Free cash flow was $1.9 million compared with ($3.0) million a year ago.
- The company paid a cash dividend of $0.04 per share during the quarter, representing a 33 percent increase in quarterly cash dividend payments from fiscal 2013.
- The projection for the second quarter of fiscal 2014 is for overall sales to be in the range of flat to four percent higher as compared with the same period last year. Pre-tax income is expected to be in the range of $4.1 million to $4.7 million. Pre-tax income for the second quarter of fiscal 2013 was $4.5 million.
- The company expects fiscal 2014 to be another excellent year for free cash flow.
For the first quarter ended July 28, 2013, net sales were $70.1 million, compared with $69.2 million a year ago. The company reported net income of $3.2 million, or $0.26 per diluted share, for the first quarter of fiscal 2014, compared with net income of $3.5 million, or $0.28 per diluted share, for the first quarter of fiscal 2013.
Results for the first quarter of fiscal 2014 include a one-time charge of $206,000 for the tentative settlement of ongoing litigation relating to environmental claims at a closed facility. This amount is included in the Other expense line item of the Consolidated Statements of Income.
Click here to read full results
Apparel/Garments | On 30th Mar 2017
The H&M group's sales including VAT amounted to SEK 54,369 million...
Textiles | On 30th Mar 2017
The Goods and Services Tax (GST) will take India into a very exciting ...
Textiles | On 30th Mar 2017
Cotton industry in Azerbaijan created 64,000 jobs in 2016, and a...
We are using Facebook and Instagram to promote ourselves
Reed Exhibitions India, organiser of Asian Machine Tool Exhibition 2016
'Major problem in the textile machinery manufacturing industry is the lack ...
Shingora Textiles Ltd
‘In terms of fabric, the fastest growing category for us is a blend of...
Iago Castro Asensio
RCfil Distribuciones S.L.
Iago Castro Asensio, International Business Manager of RCfil...
Biovation II LLC
Kerem Durdag, CEO, Biovation II LLC, provides an insight into future...
Sidwin Fabric is a manufacturer and exporter of polypropylene textiles and ...
Bridal couture created with rich Indian heritage, exquisite craftsmanship...
"Now we can see the Russian trend in international fashion. And Russian...
Label Ritu Kumar
‘Classics will return’ "There are a lot of people wearing western clothes ...