Commenting on the performance, Mr. Rajinder Gupta, Chairman at Trident Limited said, “The investments made over the last few years towards expansion combined with initiatives undertaken towards cost rationalization and changing our product mix to value-added products has started to yield results. Besides improving operating environment across all our business segments have enabled us to achieve better quarterly earnings in Q2 FY14.
The demand outlook is robust and we are confident of maintaining the growth momentum supported by larger capacities, better utilization and improved product offerings. We have combined our operational focus with prudent financial management that will help us strengthen our balance sheet and drive growth going forward.”
Financial Highlights for the quarter ended September 30, 2013
- Yarn segment revenues improved to Rs. 507.1 crore as compared to Rs. 406.8 crore in the corresponding quarter; up ~25%; PBIT more than tripled to Rs. 73 crore compared to Rs. 23.1 crore in Q2 FY13
- Terry Towel segment revenues at Rs. 362.7 crore compared to Rs. 325.2 crore in Q2 FY13; PBIT more than tripled to Rs. 48.3 crore vis-à-vis Rs. 15.4 crore in Q2 FY13
- The revenues of Paper & Chemicals Division were higher by ~23% at Rs. 212.8 crore as compared to Rs. 173.5 crore in Q2 FY13; PBIT grew by ~30% to Rs. 31.9 crore from Rs. 24.6 crore in Q2 FY13
- Growth in topline driven by growth in sales volume as well as realizations
-Revenues grew by 24.7% to Rs. 507.1 Cr compared to Rs. 406.8 Cr in the corresponding quarter of last year
- Sales volume grew by 8.3% while realizations improved by 15.2%
- Improvement in realizations driven by the enhanced focus on value added products
-PBIT margins improved by 8.7 percentage points
- Improvement in margins driven by the various cost optimization initiatives undertaken along with increased focus on value added products
-Topline enhanced despite lower sales volume due to increased realizations
- Realizations improved by 28.7% backed by greater focus on value added products
- PBIT increased from Rs. 15.4 Cr to Rs. 48.3 Cr, up 213%
- PBIT margin increased from 4.7% to 13.3%, driven by cost optimization measures undertaken as well as greater share of value added products
-Topline growth driven by increase in both sales volumes as well as realizations
-Revenue growth of 22.7% compared to Q2FY13 , Sales volume grew by 13.7% while realizations improved by 7.9%
- Improved realizations resulting from enhanced product mix towards the copier segment
- Branding initiatives and launch of Trident Royal Touch Copier Paper in the previous quarter
Merger of Trident Corporation Limited with Trident Limited
The Board of Directors of Trident Limited [TL] and Trident Corporation Limited [TCL], in their respective meetings held on October 09, 2013, approved the proposal to merge TCL into TL. The amalgamation is subject to statutory / regulatory, shareholder and creditors approvals as relevant.
Click here to read full results
Fashion | On 24th Feb 2017
Google has partnered with British fashion designer Christian Cowan to ...
Apparel/Garments | On 24th Feb 2017
SigNatureT DNA is forensic molecular tag by Applied DNA Sciences...
Textiles | On 24th Feb 2017
The value of textile and garment exports made by Pakistan decreased...
Shiladitya K Joshi
Truetzschler India Private Limited
India ITME provides a platform to interact with our stakeholders
‘It is going to take some time for Indian buyers to get accustomed to...
Every market region has its own culture and trends
Kevin Nelson, Chief Scientific Officer, TissueGen discusses the growing...
The Indian market has huge potential in technical textiles, and by far,...
Suominen Corporation is a manufacturer of nonwovens as roll goods for...
Rupa Sood and Sharan Apparao
Nayaab, an exhibition meant to celebrate Indian weaves, is in its second...
Label Ritu Kumar
‘Classics will return’ "There are a lot of people wearing western clothes ...
"You have to truly understand what your client wants, know her needs, what ...