Consolidated revenue for the third quarter of 2013 was down 11% as reported and a limited 3.9% at constant scope of consolidation, i.e., excluding the Wool business’s divestments in South America in 2012.
Consolidated revenue for the nine months ended September 30, 2013 was down 13.9% as reported and 6.4% at constant scope of consolidation, due to Chargeurs Wool.
Each business's revenue performance confirmed the trends seen since the beginning of the year:
Chargeurs Protective Films continued to enjoy volume growth. Chargeurs Interlining reported an unfavorable currency effect, stemming primarily from the Argentine peso and Brazilian real.
Chargeurs Wool was mainly impacted by changes in the scope of consolidation(- 22.6%), as well as by the cumulative effect of lower volumes (-15.2%) and soft raw wool prices (-6.6%).
On the basis of its performance to date and currently available economic indicators, Chargeurs confirms its previously announced full-year targets:
– Consolidated revenue of around €460 million.
– Operating profit of at least €14 million, compared with €7 million in 2012.
– A further very significant reduction in net debt.
- Chargeurs Wool has finalized the agreement announced last August to sell part of its wool combing operations in Zhangjiagang, China, thereby reducing its interest in the company to 50%.
- Chargeurs Interlining has decided to withdraw from a non-profitable business line at a total cost of €4 million. This amount will be recognized in the loss from discontinued operations thereby improving Chargeurs Interlining’s annual operating profit by €1.5 million.
- Chargeurs Protective Films will have fully repaid its debt covered by the restructuring agreement at the end of November 2013, seven months ahead of schedule.
Textiles | On 18th Jun 2018
The digital textile printing sector is expected to have a compound...
Apparel/Garments | On 18th Jun 2018
The latest collection of Sri Lanka’s Hela Clothing is revolves mostly ...
Key Textile Accessories Private Limited
Chinese imports are destroying the supply chain
Colorjet India Limited
We would like to venture more companies into the Indian market
We have broad range of options in durable fabrics
Vidyashilp Academy in Bengaluru is the country's first Fairtrade School....
For.Tex is an Italy-based leading producer of dyes and thickeners, and is...
<div>New Delhi-based Brinjal Designs Pvt Ltd manufactures home furnishing...
Coating at a fibre level is a practice not usually seen in the...
Kevin Nelson, Chief Scientific Officer, TissueGen discusses the growing...
Giorgio Mantovani, MD of Corman, with a presence in both Milano and New...
Golfwear and menswear brand Devereux is set for greener pastures. Robert...
"We should not compare India and the West. There are things we do that...
Gildan Activewear SRL
Gildan Activewear, a manufacturer and marketer of branded clothing and...