Consolidated revenue for the third quarter of 2013 was down 11% as reported and a limited 3.9% at constant scope of consolidation, i.e., excluding the Wool business’s divestments in South America in 2012.
Consolidated revenue for the nine months ended September 30, 2013 was down 13.9% as reported and 6.4% at constant scope of consolidation, due to Chargeurs Wool.
Each business's revenue performance confirmed the trends seen since the beginning of the year:
Chargeurs Protective Films continued to enjoy volume growth. Chargeurs Interlining reported an unfavorable currency effect, stemming primarily from the Argentine peso and Brazilian real.
Chargeurs Wool was mainly impacted by changes in the scope of consolidation(- 22.6%), as well as by the cumulative effect of lower volumes (-15.2%) and soft raw wool prices (-6.6%).
On the basis of its performance to date and currently available economic indicators, Chargeurs confirms its previously announced full-year targets:
– Consolidated revenue of around €460 million.
– Operating profit of at least €14 million, compared with €7 million in 2012.
– A further very significant reduction in net debt.
- Chargeurs Wool has finalized the agreement announced last August to sell part of its wool combing operations in Zhangjiagang, China, thereby reducing its interest in the company to 50%.
- Chargeurs Interlining has decided to withdraw from a non-profitable business line at a total cost of €4 million. This amount will be recognized in the loss from discontinued operations thereby improving Chargeurs Interlining’s annual operating profit by €1.5 million.
- Chargeurs Protective Films will have fully repaid its debt covered by the restructuring agreement at the end of November 2013, seven months ahead of schedule.
Textiles | On 2nd Dec 2016
The currency crisis in India, marked by insufficient supply of new...
Textiles | On 2nd Dec 2016
There is huge potential for increase in nylon consumption said...
Apparel/Garments | On 2nd Dec 2016
Aditya Birla Retail and Fashion Ltd. (ABFRL) is establishing a new...
Palod Himson Machines
Fabric processing machines are picking up
Bolger & O'Hearn
‘The Indian market is interesting and rather persistent in seeking new...
‘Sustainable fashion is trending upwards, slowly but surely, as people...
InvestKonsult Sweden AB
Investkonsult Sweden AB has been buying and selling second-hand textile...
Suominen Corporation is a manufacturer of nonwovens as roll goods for...
Technical Absorbents Ltd
Mark Paterson, R&D manager of Technical Absorbents Ltd talks about Super...
Yash P. Kotak
Bombay Hemp Company
One of the directors of Bombay Hemp Company, Yash P. Kotak, speaks to...
Golfwear and menswear brand Devereux is set for greener pastures. Robert...
"We should not compare India and the West. There are things we do that...