Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / Chinese firm intends to acquire Pakistani textile mill
Chinese firm intends to acquire Pakistani textile mill
11
Dec '13
Chinese textile firm Shandong Ruyi Technology Group Ltd., has announced its intention to acquire up to 52 percent of ordinary shares of the Pakistani firm Masood Textile Mills Ltd (MTM), located in Faisalabad, through an agreement or public offer.
 
The Chinese textile group sent a notice to the Karachi Stock Exchange (KSE), in which it has stated that the company wishes to acquire 31.2 million ordinary shares of MTM, which comes up to approximately 52 percent of the total issued shares of the target company, i.e. MTM.
 
The notice was sent to KSE through AKD Securities Ltd which has been appointed as manager to the offer for the potential acquisition.
 
Earlier this year, the Chinese textile group had expressed interest in entering into a joint venture (JV) with the Pakistan Cotton Ginners Association (PCGA) for establishing a ginning and spinning industry in the country.
 
Shandong Ruyi Technology Group, based in the Shandong province of China, is one of the top ten Chinese enterprises in the textile industry involved in textile and clothing, cotton textile, cotton printing and dyeing, knitting, fiber, and jeans. The company also has a state-grade technical center and research and development (R&D) department. 
 
Masood Textile Mills is one of the few vertically integrated textile mills in Pakistan with in-house yarn, knitting, fabric dyeing, processing, laundry and apparel manufacturing facilities. Currently, 85 percent of the company’s production is exported to the US while the rest 15 percent is destined for Europe. 
 
The textile mills has an annual production capacity of about 120,000 dozen per month of fashion garments like Polo, Rugby and Henley shirts along with basic garments like crew neck t-shirts, sweat shirts, boxer shorts and bikinis.
 

Fibre2fashion News Desk - India


Must ReadView All

Textiles | On 20th Jul 2017

Provide safety net for cotton growers: Congress to Trump

A bipartisan Congressional coalition has called attention of...

Courtesy: ITMF

Textiles | On 20th Jul 2017

ITMF'17 themed on tech, trade, climate in disruptive times

The International Textile Manufacturers Federation (ITMF), an...

Textiles | On 20th Jul 2017

RIL’s Q1 FY18 petrochemicals revenue up 22.9% y-o-y

Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) has reported its financial...

Interviews View All

Viral Desai
Zenitex Mill Pvt Ltd

Full of green energy

Subhashini Srinivasan
The S Studio

Ethnicwear market will see an upward trend if uniqueness and quality are...

Cindy McNaull
Cordura

We have broad range of options in durable fabrics

Kai Poehler
Voith Paper GmbH & Co. KG

The glass mat industry is growing by five to eight per cent annually. Kai...

Eric Scholler
Groz-Beckert

The Indian market has huge potential in technical textiles, and by far,...

Kevin Nelson
TissueGen

Kevin Nelson, Chief Scientific Officer, TissueGen discusses the growing...

Ritu Kumar
Label Ritu Kumar

‘Classics will return’ "There are a lot of people wearing western clothes ...

Judy Frater
Somaiya Kala Vidya

Among the many honours showered on Frater, including Fulbright and Ford...

Igor Chapurin
Chapurin

"Now we can see the Russian trend in international fashion. And Russian...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

July 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search



X