The seminar will explore the challenges and opportunities faced by Asian and European designers, manufacturers and retailers as they strive to embrace more environmentally sustainable practices to discover the new drivers determining the road ahead.
Panel discussion topics:
- Sustainability from East to West: How can we better exchange ideas, experiences and knowledge between the regions?
- Why textile waste? Are we missing the environmental and economic opportunities of the waste we create?
- The role of academia: Is collaboration between academia and business becoming more important than ever?
- The next generation: The EcoChic Design Award 2013 finalists share their ideas for a more sustainable fashion industry.
- The new Chinese consumer: The Chinese market is booming, but is there room for sustainability?
- The future of fashion: As we face the start of 2014 what developments lie ahead?
- TED's TEN: Using design thinking to begin to address the challenges and opportunities in the Chinese fashion and textile industry
- Recycling and up-cycling for the fashion industry
- Orsola de Castro, Co-founder, From Somewhere, Co-founder and Curator, Estethica
- Hon Felix Chung Kwok Pan, Member of Legislative Council (Textiles and Garment Functional Constituency)
- Charles Dickinson, Head of Global Quality Management and Sustainability, Esprit
- Rebecca Earley, Professor in Sustainable Textile and Fashion Design, Textiles Environment Design at Chelsea College of Art and Design, University of the Arts London
- Ashley Hegland, Director Sustainability Practice, Edelman
- Edwin Keh, CEO, The Hong Kong Research Institute of Textiles and Apparel
- Kate Lin, Campaigner, Greenpeace
- Anderson Lee, Vice Chairman, Sustainable Fashion Business Consortium (SFBC)
- Tracy Pang, Principal Consultant, Carbon Reset
- Jeremy Prepscius, Vice President Asia-Pacific, BSR
- Esben Rahbek Gjerdrum Pedersen, Professor, Department of Intercultural Communication and Management, Director, Centre for Corporate Social Responsibility, Copenhagen Business School
- Debra Tan, Director, China Water Risk
- Clara Vuletich, PhD Fellow, Textiles Environment Design at Chelsea College of Art and Design, University of the Arts London
- Pat-Nie Woo, Director, Central Textiles (Hong Kong) Ltd.
- The EcoChic Design Award 2013 Finalists.
Textiles | On 22nd Oct 2016
The Central government is likely to extend the recently approved Rs...
Apparel/Garments | On 22nd Oct 2016
Reebok, a pioneer in the sporting goods industry, has brought sneaker ...
Every market region has its own culture and trends
Mukesh Agarwal & Rajesh Agarwal
Madhuram Fincap Pvt Ltd
Increasing prices and lack of demand main issues facing industry
‘As a brand, Puma is always looking for new and innovative ways to inspire ...
Steve Cole of Xerium Technologies discusses the industry. Xerium is the...
Technical Absorbents Ltd
Mark Paterson, R&D manager of Technical Absorbents Ltd talks about Super...
Paolo Ocleppo, Rotary Cutting Segment manager, Sandvik Hyperion discusses...
"We should not compare India and the West. There are things we do that...
Designers Pranav Mishra and Shyma Shetty’s Huemn is known for its...
Yash P. Kotak
Bombay Hemp Company
One of the directors of Bombay Hemp Company, Yash P. Kotak, speaks to...
Textiles | On 22nd Oct 2016