The seminar will explore the challenges and opportunities faced by Asian and European designers, manufacturers and retailers as they strive to embrace more environmentally sustainable practices to discover the new drivers determining the road ahead.
Panel discussion topics:
- Sustainability from East to West: How can we better exchange ideas, experiences and knowledge between the regions?
- Why textile waste? Are we missing the environmental and economic opportunities of the waste we create?
- The role of academia: Is collaboration between academia and business becoming more important than ever?
- The next generation: The EcoChic Design Award 2013 finalists share their ideas for a more sustainable fashion industry.
- The new Chinese consumer: The Chinese market is booming, but is there room for sustainability?
- The future of fashion: As we face the start of 2014 what developments lie ahead?
- TED's TEN: Using design thinking to begin to address the challenges and opportunities in the Chinese fashion and textile industry
- Recycling and up-cycling for the fashion industry
- Orsola de Castro, Co-founder, From Somewhere, Co-founder and Curator, Estethica
- Hon Felix Chung Kwok Pan, Member of Legislative Council (Textiles and Garment Functional Constituency)
- Charles Dickinson, Head of Global Quality Management and Sustainability, Esprit
- Rebecca Earley, Professor in Sustainable Textile and Fashion Design, Textiles Environment Design at Chelsea College of Art and Design, University of the Arts London
- Ashley Hegland, Director Sustainability Practice, Edelman
- Edwin Keh, CEO, The Hong Kong Research Institute of Textiles and Apparel
- Kate Lin, Campaigner, Greenpeace
- Anderson Lee, Vice Chairman, Sustainable Fashion Business Consortium (SFBC)
- Tracy Pang, Principal Consultant, Carbon Reset
- Jeremy Prepscius, Vice President Asia-Pacific, BSR
- Esben Rahbek Gjerdrum Pedersen, Professor, Department of Intercultural Communication and Management, Director, Centre for Corporate Social Responsibility, Copenhagen Business School
- Debra Tan, Director, China Water Risk
- Clara Vuletich, PhD Fellow, Textiles Environment Design at Chelsea College of Art and Design, University of the Arts London
- Pat-Nie Woo, Director, Central Textiles (Hong Kong) Ltd.
- The EcoChic Design Award 2013 Finalists.
Textiles | On 18th Jun 2018
The digital textile printing sector is expected to have a compound...
Apparel/Garments | On 18th Jun 2018
The latest collection of Sri Lanka’s Hela Clothing is revolves mostly ...
Mukesh Agarwal & Rajesh Agarwal
Madhuram Fincap Pvt Ltd
Increasing prices and lack of demand main issues facing industry
Sedo Treepoint GmbH
We see a higher demand in colour management systems, as customers see big...
We are spending double digit figures on R&D
For.Tex is an Italy-based leading producer of dyes and thickeners, and is...
Krypthm Tradelink LLP is a Surat-based manufacturer of westernwear....
Komal Texfab, founded in 1981, is into manufacturing of knitted fabrics,...
Biovation II LLC
Kerem Durdag, CEO, Biovation II LLC, provides an insight into future...
Urs Stalder, CEO, Sanitized AG, talks about the increasing use of hygiene...
Nature Works LLC
Eamonn Tighe, Fibres and Nonwovens - Business Development Manager of...
She grew up in the walled city of Old Delhi, completed her studies, and...
Label Ritu Kumar
‘Classics will return’ "There are a lot of people wearing western clothes ...
<div>Delhi-based Gritstones Clothing offers quality and exemplary style...