The seminar will explore the challenges and opportunities faced by Asian and European designers, manufacturers and retailers as they strive to embrace more environmentally sustainable practices to discover the new drivers determining the road ahead.
Panel discussion topics:
- Sustainability from East to West: How can we better exchange ideas, experiences and knowledge between the regions?
- Why textile waste? Are we missing the environmental and economic opportunities of the waste we create?
- The role of academia: Is collaboration between academia and business becoming more important than ever?
- The next generation: The EcoChic Design Award 2013 finalists share their ideas for a more sustainable fashion industry.
- The new Chinese consumer: The Chinese market is booming, but is there room for sustainability?
- The future of fashion: As we face the start of 2014 what developments lie ahead?
- TED's TEN: Using design thinking to begin to address the challenges and opportunities in the Chinese fashion and textile industry
- Recycling and up-cycling for the fashion industry
- Orsola de Castro, Co-founder, From Somewhere, Co-founder and Curator, Estethica
- Hon Felix Chung Kwok Pan, Member of Legislative Council (Textiles and Garment Functional Constituency)
- Charles Dickinson, Head of Global Quality Management and Sustainability, Esprit
- Rebecca Earley, Professor in Sustainable Textile and Fashion Design, Textiles Environment Design at Chelsea College of Art and Design, University of the Arts London
- Ashley Hegland, Director Sustainability Practice, Edelman
- Edwin Keh, CEO, The Hong Kong Research Institute of Textiles and Apparel
- Kate Lin, Campaigner, Greenpeace
- Anderson Lee, Vice Chairman, Sustainable Fashion Business Consortium (SFBC)
- Tracy Pang, Principal Consultant, Carbon Reset
- Jeremy Prepscius, Vice President Asia-Pacific, BSR
- Esben Rahbek Gjerdrum Pedersen, Professor, Department of Intercultural Communication and Management, Director, Centre for Corporate Social Responsibility, Copenhagen Business School
- Debra Tan, Director, China Water Risk
- Clara Vuletich, PhD Fellow, Textiles Environment Design at Chelsea College of Art and Design, University of the Arts London
- Pat-Nie Woo, Director, Central Textiles (Hong Kong) Ltd.
- The EcoChic Design Award 2013 Finalists.
Apparel/Garments | On 25th Jun 2017
Adobe has released its first Digital Price Index for apparels,...
Textiles | On 25th Jun 2017
First Insight, a technology company transforming how retailers make...
Key Textile Accessories Private Limited
Chinese imports are destroying the supply chain
Fabric does not restrict us from fashion trends
Mangalam Industries Pvt Ltd
‘The manufacturing sector is improving day-by-day, becoming better in...
Iago Castro Asensio
RCfil Distribuciones S.L.
Iago Castro Asensio, International Business Manager of RCfil...
Voith Paper GmbH & Co. KG
The glass mat industry is growing by five to eight per cent annually. Kai...
Technical Absorbents Ltd
Mark Paterson, R&D manager of Technical Absorbents Ltd talks about Super...
Bridal couture created with rich Indian heritage, exquisite craftsmanship...
"Now we can see the Russian trend in international fashion. And Russian...
Somaiya Kala Vidya
Among the many honours showered on Frater, including Fulbright and Ford...
Textiles | On 24th Jun 2017