Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / South Korean firm launches JV to set up M-xylene plant
South Korean firm launches JV to set up M-xylene plant
28
Jan '14
Hyundai Oilbank, one of South Korea’s largest oil refiners, recently launched a joint venture (JV) with local petrochemical firm Lotte Chemicals Corp., in order to build two plants, one to produce mixed xylene (M-xylene) and other for refining condensate.
 
The JV would be building the two plants at an estimated cost of 1.2 trillion won (approx. US$ 1.1 billion) in the coastal city of Seosan, located 151 kms south of the capital city of Seoul, reports South Korean news agency Yonhap.
 
Hyundai Oilbank would hold a 60 percent stake in the joint venture, while Lotte Chemical will own the rest 40 percent. The construction of the plants is expected to be completed by the second half of 2016.
 
Lotte Chemical would be utilizing mixed xylene from the project for the production of petrochemicals, whereas Hyundai Cosmo, a joint venture between Cosmo Oil and Hyundai Oilbank, would also be using the mixed-xylene to manufacture xylene after processing.
 
M-xylene is one of the several organic chemicals used in the textile industry.  
 

Fibre2fashion News Desk-India


Must ReadView All

Textiles | On 20th Sep 2017

India needs to double cotton farmers’ income: top official

India needs to double the income of cotton farmers and non-farmers...

Textiles | On 20th Sep 2017

Pakistan seeks more JVs with China: textile minister

The Pakistani Government wants to forge more joint ventures (JVs)...

Apparel/Garments | On 20th Sep 2017

Egypt’s garment exports touch $941 million in 8 months

Egypt's garment exports touched $941 million in the first eight...

Interviews View All

Nuno Venda
ROQ

‘There has been an increase in demand for water based inks, rather than...

Frank Gossmann
Rotorcraft AG

‘RT3 motto is: Do not check millimetres, check colours.’

Headhonchos
Indian textile value chain

Adopt innovative techniques, go for automisation rather than being...

Marten Alkhagen
Swerea IVF AB

Marten Alkhagen, Senior Scientist - Nonwoven and Technical Textiles of...

Eamonn Tighe
Nature Works LLC

Eamonn Tighe, Fibres and Nonwovens - Business Development Manager of...

Johan Berlin
InvestKonsult Sweden AB

Investkonsult Sweden AB has been buying and selling second-hand textile...

Nisha Chanda
Whistling Woods International School of Fashion

<div>A lack of upgraded courses in costume designing and fashion as per...

Bani Batra

Bani Batra’s couture wedding collection is inspired by traditional Indian...

Wendell Rodricks
Wendell Rodricks

"We should not compare India and the West. There are things we do that...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

September 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes
74.5%
No
12.8%
Skip
12.8%

Total Votes: 47

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes
61.7%
No
25.5%
Skip
12.8%

Total Votes: 47

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes
87.2%
No
6.4%
Skip
6.4%

Total Votes: 47

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.

Active Poll

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes
70.2%
No
10.6%
Skip
19.1%

Total Votes: 47


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search