Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / Govt to continue quotas on Chinese textile products
Govt to continue quotas on Chinese textile products
22
Jan '08
On January 2, the Turkish Government formally informed the authorities in China that their textile products have created disturbances in the local market as they are posing threat to the nation's textile industry. Thus, Turkey has decided to continue the quota limit on 44 categories of textile products from January 1 to December 31, 2008.

The local Government also decided to implement their own classification standards and management system from 2008 starting. Till last year, Turkey was following the implications of EU's textile and clothing classification. Now, the 40 categories of Chinese textile products will be divided into 20 groups.

The trade ministry also planned that 75 percent of the quota are to be supplied to the traditional importers of Turkey and the remaining 25 percent will be freely handed out.

To cooperate with the Turkish Government, China Chamber of Commerce for Imports & Exports of Textile has decided to comply with the present rules and regulations, so as to avoid any kind of disturbances in the trade with that country.

Fibre2fashion News Desk - China


Must ReadView All

Indian govt approves special package for leather, footwear

Textiles | On 16th Dec 2017

Indian govt approves special package for leather, footwear

The Union Cabinet chaired by PM Narendra Modi has approved a special...

EU parliament resolution calls for Cambodia sanctions

Apparel/Garments | On 16th Dec 2017

EU parliament resolution calls for Cambodia sanctions

Following the ongoing crackdown in Cambodia on the opposition and...

Affordable prices to be hit if US pulls out of NAFTA: NRF

Apparel/Garments | On 16th Dec 2017

Affordable prices to be hit if US pulls out of NAFTA: NRF

US retailers’ ability to offer consumers quality products at...

Interviews View All

Sunil Rathore
Lacoste India

‘New vendor is welcome if he offers cost, quality and timely delivery’

Karel Williams
Dow Microbial Control

'Silvadur is most rapidly adopted in areas where hygiene-conscious and...

Rajiv Sirohi
Shara

‘Portugal is taking away a major share of the mill made sector.’

Harmeet Singh

New Delhi-based Jogindra Industries Private Limited provides an assortment ...

Riddhi Jain

Conceived in Europe and curated in New Delhi, NeceSera is a...

Erik Sy

Manila-based CustomThread is a start-up offering premium custom apparel...

Suresh Patel
Sidwin Fabric

Sidwin Fabric is a manufacturer and exporter of polypropylene textiles and ...

Kerem Durdag
Biovation II LLC

Kerem Durdag, CEO, Biovation II LLC, provides an insight into future...

Mohammad Hassan
Biax Fiberfilm

About one in every 20 patients picks up an infection while hospitalised....

Karan Arora
Karan Arora

Bridal couture created with rich Indian heritage, exquisite craftsmanship...

Rupa Sood and Sharan Apparao
Nayaab

Nayaab, an exhibition meant to celebrate Indian weaves, is in its second...

Madhu Jain
Madhu Jain

She grew up in the walled city of Old Delhi, completed her studies, and...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

December 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes
68.1%
No
13.8%
Skip
18.1%

Total Votes: 94

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes
62.8%
No
29.8%
Skip
7.4%

Total Votes: 94

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes
87.2%
No
9.6%
Skip
3.2%

Total Votes: 94

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.

Active Poll

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes
81.9%
No
8.5%
Skip
9.6%

Total Votes: 94


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search