Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / OVL & PDVSA form joint crude venture
OVL & PDVSA form joint crude venture
10
Apr '08
ONGC Videsh Limited (OVL) and Petroleos De Venezuela S.A. (PDVSA) signed in Caracas, Venezuela on April 8, 2008 (India time late night yesterday) a Joint Venture agreement for the San Cristobal Field in Junin, Orinoco Region of Venezuela.

This JV agreement was concluded at an impressive ceremony in the presence of Mr. Murli Deora, Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas of India and Mr. Rafael Ramirez Carreno, Minister of Energy and Petroleum of Venezuela.

OVL is a 100% subsidiary of India's leading national oil company ONGC. Under this joint venture, OVL will have a participating interest of 40%, while PDVSA retains the remaining 60% in the San Cristobal Field in Junin, Orinoco Region of Venezuela.

They will jointly develop the field from its current production level of 20,000 bbl per day to 40,000 bbl per day. Government of India has recently approved OVL's participation in the project with an investment of US$ 356 million.

Speaking on the occasion Mr. Deora described the event as a historic milestone in growing cooperation between India and Venezuela in the hydrocarbon sector. He expressed hope that this JV will pave way for more such mutually beneficial projects between the two countries.

Today's signing fructifies the consistent efforts on part of India's Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas to take forward relations between India and Venezuela.

It may be mentioned that during the visit of President Hugo Chavez to NewDelhi in March 5, 2005, an Agreement for Cooperation in the hydrocarbon sector was signed between India and Venezuela.


Must ReadView All

Textiles | On 20th Sep 2017

India needs to double cotton farmers’ income: top official

India needs to double the income of cotton farmers and non-farmers...

Textiles | On 20th Sep 2017

Pakistan seeks more JVs with China: textile minister

The Pakistani Government wants to forge more joint ventures (JVs)...

Apparel/Garments | On 20th Sep 2017

Egypt’s garment exports touch $941 million in 8 months

Egypt's garment exports touched $941 million in the first eight...

Interviews View All

Abhishek Samdaria
Reflete

GST will certainly reduce a lot of paperwork in future

Evelyne Cholet
UCMTF

‘France had a reputation of being big in new ideas, but poor in marketing...

Karel Williams
Dow Microbial Control

'Silvadur is most rapidly adopted in areas where hygiene-conscious and...

Kerem Durdag
Biovation II LLC

Kerem Durdag, CEO, Biovation II LLC, provides an insight into future...

Giorgio Mantovani
Corman S.p.A

Giorgio Mantovani, MD of Corman, with a presence in both Milano and New...

Ashok Desai
Bombay Textile Research Association

Bombay Textile Research Association (BTRA) is a leading name in textile...

Jay Ramrakhiani
Occasions Elegance Wear

It is believed that by early 19th century, Varanasi weavers had moved away ...

Sonam & Paras Modi
SVA

Sonam and Paras Modi's Sva Couture is synonymous with head-turning...

Prathyusha Garimella
Prathyusha Garimella

Hyderabad-based designer <b>Prathyusha Garimella</b> is known for blending ...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

September 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes
74.5%
No
12.8%
Skip
12.8%

Total Votes: 47

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes
61.7%
No
25.5%
Skip
12.8%

Total Votes: 47

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes
87.2%
No
6.4%
Skip
6.4%

Total Votes: 47

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.

Active Poll

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes
70.2%
No
10.6%
Skip
19.1%

Total Votes: 47


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search