Sewing machine with 70 exclusive & 15 patented features
After asking passionate sewers, quilters and embroiderers around the world how they would design their ideal machine, Bernina of America introduces the ultimate sewing and embroidery system – the BERNINA 830 – at the Bernina University conference in Kansas City, Mo.
Consumers will take part in a gala celebration to mark the historic event with celebrity guest speakers and a fashion show. The event will showcase the BERNINA 830 design, technology and innovative features that will leave all current machines behind in a time warp.
The BERNINA 830 offers more than 70 exclusive features and 15 patented features. Designed by Switzerland's leading engineers to outperform any other home sewing machine, the 830 offers the most space, the fastest speeds and the ergonomics to create projects you've only imagined. An exclusive jumbo bobbin allows sewers to spend more time sewing and less time changing thread.
“For the first time, there is one machine with all of the features and technology to allow sewers and quilters to express their unlimited creativity,” said Martin Favre, president of Bernina of America. “It's a milestone to see the BERNINA 830 come to life after almost a decade of research and development that will change sewing history as we know it.”
The BERNINA 830 features include:
• Most Space. Twice the space of a standard sewing machine and 50 percent more space than the largest top-of-the-line machines. A 15-inch extended arm and expanded height clearance allow room to spread out and maneuver. No other machine gives you so much space.
• Fastest Speeds. At up to 1,100 sewing and 1,000 embroidery stitches per minute, the BERNINA 830 is the fastest home sewing machine in existence. Even at those high speeds, the 830 doesn't vibrate, it hums with quality.
• Jumbo Bobbin. With 40 percent more bobbin capacity than most other machines, more time can be spent sewing and less time spent preparing to sew. Plus, the jumbo bobbin pops in and out with ease.
• Total Stitch Control. Exclusive BERNINA 830 features such as 360-degree multi-directional sewing, auto-tapering and auto presser foot let the sewer take more control of creativity.
• Centered Screen. Only BERNINA offers a centrally located, ultra-responsive 7-inch touch screen. Large icons on one screen allow for easy navigation. Animations reveal, in real time, the exact position of a stitch.
• Bernina Dual Feed. This innovative BERNINA standard feature provides more control with difficult fabrics. When not in use, it flips up and tucks away.
• Automatic Threading. It took Swiss engineers to create this efficient, one-process threading system that saves time and lets the user focus on the fun part of sewing.
• Thread Delivery System. The exclusive multi-spool holder keeps large and small cones at the ready. The bobbin winder is easy to reach on the front of machine and allows for speed selection and the amount of fill.