Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / Shenzhen key production base for innerwear industry
Shenzhen key production base for innerwear industry
05
Aug '08
Shenzhen has emerged as one of the important production bases for Chinese innerwear industry, especially due to the strong presence of international brands like Swear and Triumph.

Infact, the city is also proud owner of renowned brands like Embry Form and Xinsiya.

According to the statistics, currently there are over 100 major innerwear companies in Shenzhen city, Guangdong Province, that account for over one-fourth of Chinese underwear manufacturers. The global brands here together employ over 10000 workers.

Statistics show that last year total income of Shenzhen underwear industry reached over 8 billion yuan, making up for more than 10 percent of total sales of Chinese industry. Of this, only 20 percent of products were consumed by domestic market, while the rest 80 percent were all exported.

Experts say that since local market for innerwear was growing rapidly, and exports were weak, the enterprises must focus on domestic consumers and implement new strategies to bag big chunk of sales at home.

Fibre2fashion News Desk - China


Must ReadView All

Indian govt approves special package for leather, footwear

Textiles | On 16th Dec 2017

Indian govt approves special package for leather, footwear

The Union Cabinet chaired by PM Narendra Modi has approved a special...

EU parliament resolution calls for Cambodia sanctions

Apparel/Garments | On 16th Dec 2017

EU parliament resolution calls for Cambodia sanctions

Following the ongoing crackdown in Cambodia on the opposition and...

Affordable prices to be hit if US pulls out of NAFTA: NRF

Apparel/Garments | On 16th Dec 2017

Affordable prices to be hit if US pulls out of NAFTA: NRF

US retailers’ ability to offer consumers quality products at...

Interviews View All

Jurgen Gauger
Spreadshirt

‘Buying crowdsourced or creative designs are much more appealing to the...

Rahul Bhadani
Looksgud

Navigating through catalogues is a bit hasslesome

Krishnanand Tripathi
Textrade International Ltd

We believe in vocational education for entry-level employees, offering...

Urmil Arya

Sushila International, a well established textile organisation established ...

Erik Sy

Manila-based CustomThread is a start-up offering premium custom apparel...

Harmeet Singh

New Delhi-based Jogindra Industries Private Limited provides an assortment ...

Marten Alkhagen
Swerea IVF AB

Marten Alkhagen, Senior Scientist - Nonwoven and Technical Textiles of...

Kerem Durdag
Biovation II LLC

Kerem Durdag, CEO, Biovation II LLC, provides an insight into future...

Paolo Ocleppo
Sandvik Hyperion

Paolo Ocleppo, Rotary Cutting Segment manager, Sandvik Hyperion discusses...

Madhu Jain
Madhu Jain

She grew up in the walled city of Old Delhi, completed her studies, and...

Wendell Rodricks
Wendell Rodricks

"We should not compare India and the West. There are things we do that...

Karan Arora
Karan Arora

Bridal couture created with rich Indian heritage, exquisite craftsmanship...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

December 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes
69.6%
No
12.0%
Skip
18.5%

Total Votes: 92

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes
62.0%
No
30.4%
Skip
7.6%

Total Votes: 92

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes
87.0%
No
9.8%
Skip
3.3%

Total Votes: 92

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.

Active Poll

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes
81.5%
No
8.7%
Skip
9.8%

Total Votes: 92


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search