GlobalTex sets itself apart with progressive approach
Market Center Management Company (MCMC), the management company of leading wholesale trade centers and trade events around the world, and GlobalTex: LA International Textile & Sourcing Fairsm announced the product categories for the tradeshow that will launch April 28-30, 2009 at the Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC). GlobalTex is endorsed by the Textile Association of Los Angeles (TALA) and the California Fashion Association.
“GlobalTex is the next generation of apparel design and production shows,” said Bill Winsor, president and CEO, MCMC. “The show will prove to be the most complete sourcing event in the United States – organized in a dynamic fashion that creates an energetic and efficient buying experience.”
Following are the product categories, called “Global Styles,” representing the complete supply chain:
LIVE - Alluring resources to live to the max: silks, knits, velvet/velour, lace, linen, fur, embroidery/ribbon
• DWELL - Imagining the essence of home
• WORK - The structured downtown experience: suitings, wool, linen, knits, wovens/shirtings
• PLAY - Comfortable materials for everyday dreams: cotton, linen, shirtings, knits, prints
• WEAR - Denim for every moment and every style
• CREATE - The inspiration destination: trend/color services, fibers, art studios
• ADORN - A notion of the necessary: buttons, trims, hardware
• MOVE - Capturing the energy of the race: tech/performance fabrics, knits
• PROCESS - Technology and equipment to help develop what's next
• SOURCE - Visualize production and design possibilities from global manufacturers large and small
The product categories, representing all components in the design and production process, use verbs to evoke action and activity. The floor plan now available for review on the GlobalTex Web site, is presented in an easy-to-shop layout, while offering helpful services and practical seminars to support product development.
GlobalTex is the only tradeshow in the United States for comprehensive fashion design and production that features an international collection of resources from The Americas, Europe and Asia. The show will attract top manufacturers, designers, product developers, retailers and wholesalers to Los Angeles.
Make plans now to attend GlobalTex in Los Angeles on April 28 – 30, 2009 and October 13 – 15, 2009 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
Market Center Management Company (MCMC) is an international market center and tradeshow management company based in Dallas, Texas. MCMC and its owner, Crow Holdings, own or manage market centers and trade shows on four continents – Asia (ShanghaiMart), Europe (Brussels International Trade Mart), North America (Dallas Market Center and GlobalTex), and South America (LatinAmerican Trade Mart) totaling more than 12 million square feet, more than any other single company.