Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / Towel manufacturers urge ban on coarse cotton yarn exports
Towel manufacturers urge ban on coarse cotton yarn exports
21
Aug '09
The Pakistan Towel Manufacturers Association (TMA) has urged the government to stop the export of coarse count cotton yarn, in order to save the value added, towel manufacturing sector.

The Chairman of TMA, Feroze Alam has said that due to high exports of cotton coarse yarn, the towel producers were facing a shortage of the same, which has led to an explosive increase in prices of the yarn.

This in turn, he said had increased the costing for the sector, leading to a reduction in competitiveness and could also lead to a decline in exports from the sector which had exported towels worth US $1 billion in the previous fiscal year.

Exports of coarse yarn has been able to make inroads in to markets like India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka due to its cost competitiveness and quality and experts suggest all stake holders including the government resolve the matter amicably.

They aver that banning exports of coarse cotton yarn is not the solution since, only 25-30 percent of cotton yarn production is exported and the rest of the 70 percent is consumed by the value added sectors in the country.

Fibre2fashion News Desk - India


Must ReadView All

Courtesy: Kai Pilger from Pexels

Apparel/Garments | On 26th Apr 2018

FOBAP in the Philippines trying for garments sector revival

The Foreign Buyers Association of the Philippines (FOBAP), a body...

German investors keen to invest in Pakistan: top official

Textiles | On 26th Apr 2018

German investors keen to invest in Pakistan: top official

A German traders delegation will soon visit Pakistan to explore...

Courtesy: Uster

Textiles | On 26th Apr 2018

Uster Technologies acquires Elbit Vision Systems

Uster Technologies has announced the successful closure of the...

Interviews View All

DK Sharma
Velocity Apparelz

We constantly communicate with employees at all levels

Dinaz Madhukar
DLF Emporio and DLF Promenade

‘Each event and promotion is planned out keeping in mind the business of...

Karin Ekberg
Leadership & Sustainability

Sustainable models are beneficial for brands, retailers and manufacturers

Sandip Bhojani, Manthan Patel

Krypthm Tradelink LLP is a Surat-based manufacturer of westernwear....

Nitesh Mittal

Kusumgar Corporates is a leading manufacturer of technical textiles and...

Apurva Kothari

No Nasties was the first fashion brand in India to make 100 per cent...

Silke Brand-Kirsch
Schlegel und Partner

Silke Brand-Kirsch, executive partner of Schlegel und Partner, a leading...

Marcel Alberts
Eurofibers

Coating at a fibre level is a practice not usually seen in the...

Lynda Kelly
Suominen Corporation

Suominen Corporation is a manufacturer of nonwovens as roll goods for...

Igor Chapurin
Chapurin

"Now we can see the Russian trend in international fashion. And Russian...

Madhu Jain
Madhu Jain

She grew up in the walled city of Old Delhi, completed her studies, and...

Nisha Chanda
Whistling Woods International School of Fashion

<div>A lack of upgraded courses in costume designing and fashion as per...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

Leave your Comments


April 2018

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes
69.9%
No
12.6%
Skip
17.5%

Total Votes: 103

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes
63.1%
No
29.1%
Skip
7.8%

Total Votes: 103

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes
87.4%
No
8.7%
Skip
3.9%

Total Votes: 103

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.

Active Poll

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes
82.5%
No
7.8%
Skip
9.7%

Total Votes: 103


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search