Symposium focuses on Sustainability in Denim
If denim is your life or livelihood, this year's educational event for you is the Fashion Trends, Technologies, and Sustainability in Denim and Garment Wet Processing Symposium.
The symposium, sponsored by AATCC, will take place December 9-10 at the Hilton in Long Beach, Calif., USA. The focus on is on fashion, brand, and consumer trends; sustainability; regulations;
chemical trends; and garment washing trends.
Dennis C. Scheer, Polo Ralph Lauren, will chair the event. Don't miss out on this opportunity to learn more about the fashion garment washing industry and network with industry suppliers!
Presentations will include:
Garment Washing Trends Session
- Reducing the 'Footprint' in Cotton Wet Processing,Len Farias, Cotton Incorporated
- Tie Dyeing and Specialty Treatments for Fashion/Mass Markets,
Cas Shiver, Sundog Apparel
- Communication in Garment Wash, George Cook, DyStar
- How Labels are Affected by Post Garment Processing, Barry Van Dyke, Avery Dennison
- Green and Sustainable Products—What Does It Mean for a Chemical Supplier? Mike Cheek, Huntsman
- Threads of a Life Cycle, Colleen Kohlsaat, Levi Strauss & Co.
- Nike's Approach to Environmentally Preferred Materials, Eraina Duffy, Nike Inc.
- Sustainable Cinderella—Is It Before or After Midnight for You? Henry Boyter, Institute of Textile Technology
Fashion, Brand, and Consumer Trends Session
- Fit Solutions for the Apparel Industry, Emily Robertson, Alvanon
- Prince of Prints— An In-depth Look at Digital Fabric Printing through the Creative Process of Different Designers and Markets, Danielle Locastro, First2Print
- Buy Local by Locals, Celeste Lilore, Restore Clothing
- Global Trends: A Student's Perspective—A Panel Discussion with Students from the International Manufacturing & Product Development Program at the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising (FIDM)
- REACH: How the Long Arm of Regulations Affect You? Karen Kyllo, SGS US Testing Services
- Intellectual Properties, Greg Weisman, Silver & Freedman
- Gate Access and RFID Tags, Chris Cannon, Port of Los Angeles
- CPSIA, Speaker from Bureau Veritas
Chemical Trends Session
- Novel Chemo-Enzymatic System for Wool Bleaching,Biopolishing,
and Shrinkage Control, Jeanette Cardamone, USDA ARS SRRC
- Functional Finishes for Product Enhancement, Barry Ferguson, Emerald Materials
- Achieving the Indigo Look Without Using Indigo, Swain Bennett, Clariant
- Cationic Cotton Impact on Garment Dyeing and the Environment, Tom McCall, TCM Group
- Innovations in Garment Finishing, Manon Clavel, Jeanologia
- Novel and Fashion Applications of Reactants and Polymers, Marco Nava, Garmon & Bozzetto Chemicals
A Suppliers' Reception with tabletop displays will be held on Wednesday evening. Industry suppliers will be on hand to share the latest information about their products and services.
American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists (AATCC)