AMS-221EN Series launched with industry's highest sewing speed
JUKI launches the computer-controlled cycle machine with an input
function "AMS-221EN Series" on the 21st of December.
The AMS-221EN is a partly-changed model of the AMS-221E Series which has been on the market since July 2006. The AMS-221EN has been improved with respect to productivity, energy conservation, seam quality, operability and main-body memory capacity as compared with the AMS-221E Series.
As with the computer-controlled cycle machine with an input function "AMS-210EN Series" which was put on the market on the 1st of December, the AMS-221EN Series automatically carries out sewing and thread trimming according to given sewing data once the operator places the material on the sewing machine and starts the machine. JUKI offers three different types under the computer-controlled cycle machine series, i.e., "small-size
type," "medium-size type" and "large-size type" according to the size of the sewing area. The AMS-210EN Series is intended for a
"small-sized sewing area" and the AMS-221EN Series is intended for a "medium-sized sewing area", which is approximately a 7.7-fold sized sewing area of the former.
JUKI hopes to expand sales of computer-controlled cycle machines with the AMS-221EN Series, which has broad applications such as the sewing of labels, sewing of parts for sneakers, etc, as well as the tacking of jean pockets, in conjunction with the already-launched AMS-210EN Series (with a small-sized sewing area).
- The sewing machine achieves a sewing speed of 2,800 sti/min, which is the highest sewing speed in the sewing machine manufacturing industry (for a stitch length of 3.5 mm or less).
- The newly-adopted main-shaft direct-drive system enables instantaneous acceleration at the beginning of sewing and instantaneous deceleration at the end of sewing, offering excellent responsiveness of the motor. The maximum sewing speed is reached at the 2nd stitch from the beginning of sewing and is maintained until immediately before thread trimming.
- The thread trimming mechanism controlled by a stepping motor has been adopted for improved thread trimming. This thread trimming mechanism enables high-speed thread trimming without fail.
- Due to the newly adopted feed mechanism which contributes to increased sewing speed and the increase in speed of operating section of the sewing machine, the cycle time is reduced by approximately 8 % as compared with that of the conventional
model. (For the stitch length of 3.5 mm)
- A direct-drive mechanism by means of a compact AC servomotor which achieves excellent energy transfer has been adopted to control the main shaft of the sewing machine. The encoder-control
system adopted for the X-Y drive of the feed mechanism, which feeds the material, drives the stepping motor with a minimumpower
supply according to the material weight and stitch length. With these new control systems, the AMS-221EN Series reduces power consumption by approximately 45 % as compared with JUKI's conventional model.