Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / TN spinning industry overrides rising raw cotton prices
TN spinning industry overrides rising raw cotton prices
03
Dec '10
Today, when the knitwear garment sector is uncertain about its future because of the rising prices of cotton yarn, the spinning sector appears to be very much positive about its fate.

Dr Selvaraju, Secretary General of the South India Mills Association, informed that there will be an addition of another 45 lakh spindles in the spinning sector next year, and that orders have already been placed for these spindles.

He remarked that during the last one year 33 lakh spindles were added, and also that considerably higher number of orders has been placed for next year. Three machine manufacturers are likely to source these orders, he added.

He foresees around Rs 100 to 110 billion worth of investments flowing in the spinning sector in years to come, and stated that these investments are very much required and bound to happen.

Further, he admitted that Tamil Nadu would attract fewer investments as compared to other states like Gujarat, Punjab, Rajasthan and Haryana. He also stated that extension of the Textile Upgradation Fund Scheme would further hike the demand and thereby the investments.

Replacement expenses are likely to consume around 30 percent of the total investments to be made in the spinning sector, while the remaining 70 percent is expected to go to green-field projects, majority of which are going to emerge outside Tamil Nadu, he stated.

Fibre2fashion News Desk-India


Must ReadView All

Textiles | On 20th Aug 2017

PetroVietnam, Vinatex discuss reviving PVTEX plant

Discussions are under way between PetroVietnam and textile and...

Courtesy: Mexx

Fashion | On 20th Aug 2017

RNF acquires Mexx fashion brand

RNF, the Dutch sports and fashion holding, has purchased the global...

Textiles | On 20th Aug 2017

Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles opens on August 23

Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles, Asia’s leading platform to meet...

Interviews View All

Veronique Lee
Modavanti

‘Sustainable fashion is trending upwards, slowly but surely, as people...

Milind Khandwe
Hindoostan Innovation Centre

‘Modern technical textile is an indispensable tool for science and...

Yash Maniyar
Rekha Maniyar

Indian fashion market is growing at a staggering rate

Marcel Alberts
Eurofibers

Coating at a fibre level is a practice not usually seen in the...

Steve Cole
Xerium Technologies

Steve Cole of Xerium Technologies discusses the industry. Xerium is the...

Mark Paterson
Technical Absorbents Ltd

Mark Paterson, R&D manager of Technical Absorbents Ltd talks about Super...

Wendell Rodricks
Wendell Rodricks

"We should not compare India and the West. There are things we do that...

Mike Hoffman
Gildan Activewear SRL

Gildan Activewear, a manufacturer and marketer of branded clothing and...

Sidharth Sinha
Sidharth Sinha

<b>Sidharth Sinha</b> has contributed to the successful rebirth and...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

August 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes
66.7%
No
16.7%
Skip
16.7%

Total Votes: 30

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes
43.3%
No
36.7%
Skip
20.0%

Total Votes: 30

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes
83.3%
No
6.7%
Skip
10.0%

Total Votes: 30

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.

Active Poll

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes
60.0%
No
10.0%
Skip
30.0%

Total Votes: 30


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search