Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / Far Eastern to tie up with Chinese firm to produce PTA
Far Eastern to tie up with Chinese firm to produce PTA
23
Dec '10
Far Eastern has recently announced that it proposes to enter into a joint venture with China's Sinopec Yizheng Chemical Fibre Co. Ltd. to establish a PTA firm with a production capacity of one million tons per annum, at Yangzhou in China's Jiangsu Province.

Both the parties, inked a letter of intent for the joint investment, whereby Yizheng would hold 40 percent stake in the new firm and Far Eastern would be holding the remaining 60 percent stake.

Chinese authorities have already sanctioned the 3.8 billion Chinese Yuan that is US $569 million worth of investments that would be required for the proposed joint venture.

As stated by Far Eastern, construction work in respect of the new facility is likely to be concluded within next two years, and thus the manufacturing work is scheduled to start latest by 2013.

Presently, Far Eastern produces around 1.6 million tons of PTA every year, of which 600,000 tons is produced in China and the remaining one million tons in Taiwan. The firm stated that, as the new facility in Yangzhou goes functional, it is expected to add another 600,000 tons to its total production.

Fibre2fashion News Desk - India


Must ReadView All

Indian govt approves special package for leather, footwear

Textiles | On 16th Dec 2017

Indian govt approves special package for leather, footwear

The Union Cabinet chaired by PM Narendra Modi has approved a special...

EU parliament resolution calls for Cambodia sanctions

Apparel/Garments | On 16th Dec 2017

EU parliament resolution calls for Cambodia sanctions

Following the ongoing crackdown in Cambodia on the opposition and...

Affordable prices to be hit if US pulls out of NAFTA: NRF

Apparel/Garments | On 16th Dec 2017

Affordable prices to be hit if US pulls out of NAFTA: NRF

US retailers’ ability to offer consumers quality products at...

Interviews View All

Prabu Mohanram
Balavigna Weaving Mills Pvt Ltd

The biggest challenge that the weaving industry faces is high price

Mukesh Agarwal & Rajesh Agarwal
Madhuram Fincap Pvt Ltd

Increasing prices and lack of demand main issues facing industry

Yash Maniyar
Rekha Maniyar

Indian fashion market is growing at a staggering rate

Nitesh Mittal

Kusumgar Corporates is a leading manufacturer of technical textiles and...

Harmeet Singh

New Delhi-based Jogindra Industries Private Limited provides an assortment ...

Rikesh Mistry

Jupiter Comtex Pvt Ltd, established in 1973, started its textile machinery ...

Eamonn Tighe
Nature Works LLC

Eamonn Tighe, Fibres and Nonwovens - Business Development Manager of...

Mohammad Hassan
Biax Fiberfilm

About one in every 20 patients picks up an infection while hospitalised....

Iago Castro Asensio
RCfil Distribuciones S.L.

Iago Castro Asensio, International Business Manager of RCfil...

Wendell Rodricks
Wendell Rodricks

"We should not compare India and the West. There are things we do that...

Akta Adani
India Boulevard

India Boulevard is a San Francisco-based curated fashion marketplace that...

Tony Ward
Tony Ward

"You have to truly understand what your client wants, know her needs, what ...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

December 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes
69.6%
No
12.0%
Skip
18.5%

Total Votes: 92

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes
62.0%
No
30.4%
Skip
7.6%

Total Votes: 92

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes
87.0%
No
9.8%
Skip
3.3%

Total Votes: 92

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.

Active Poll

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes
81.5%
No
8.7%
Skip
9.8%

Total Votes: 92


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search