Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / Verseidag's buyout broadens Rheinmetall product portfolio
Verseidag's buyout broadens Rheinmetall product portfolio
20
Jan '11
The Rheinmetall Group is now sole owner of Verseidag Ballistic Protection GmbH of Krefeld, Germany. Rheinmetall had already acquired a 51% stake in the company – a leading producer of advanced civilian and military protection equipment – in July 2010. Effective 31 December 2010, Rheinmetall has now taken over the remaining 49% interest held by Jagenberg AG, thus giving the Düsseldorf-based defence group 100% control of the company.

Thanks to this takeover, Rheinmetall is now able to supply makers of military land vehicles as well as the civilian auto industry with a full range of protection technology.

In the defence domain, the move broadens Rheinmetall's expertise in the field of ballistic protection which, in addition to vehicle armour, now extends in particular to solutions for aircraft (especially helicopters) and ships. The buyout significantly strengthens Rheinmetall's sales potential in this sector, giving the Group greater access to important protection technology markets throughout Europe.

Verseidag Ballistic Protection GmbH's high-tech solutions provide the occupants of civilian and military vehicles with reliable protection from ballistic threats and bomb blasts – on land, in the air and on the water. The company develops, produces and markets solutions based on state-of-the-art ceramic and metallic materials as well as fibre composites made of high-tech textiles. In 2009 its 54 employees generated sales of around €21 million.

Rheinmetall is one of the most trusted names in the international defence and security community. With some 10,000 employees, Rheinmetall Defence had global sales in 2009 of approximately €1.9 billion.

The Group's protection products range from passive systems (e.g. vehicle armour) and active solutions (e.g. smoke/obscurant systems and decoy launchers) for ground, air and naval forces to armoured vehicles and systems for protecting critical civilian and military infrastructure, including sophisticated air defence technology. Rheinmetall thus makes a vital contribution to protecting personnel and other assets deployed in harm's way.

Rheinmetall was established in 1889 as Rheinische Metallwaaren- und Maschinenfabrik Actiengesellschaft. Today, Rheinmetall AG is a financially strong, internationally successful player in the markets for automotive components and defence equipment.

Rheinmetall AG

Must ReadView All

L-R Manish Singhai, COO, Peter England; Vinai Kumar Saxena, chairman, KVIC; Ashish Dikshit, business head, ABFRL and Anshu Sinha, CEO, KVIC while signing agreement. Courtesy: ABFRL

Textiles | On 24th May 2017

Aditya Birla & KVIC enter into a strategic partnership

Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Ltd (ABFRL) and Khadi and Village...

Courtesy: Jabong

Apparel/Garments | On 24th May 2017

Jabong Mood Store redefines online shopping in India

Jabong, India's leading online fashion retailer, has launched the...

Apparel/Garments | On 24th May 2017

G-III Apparel enters into license agreement with PVH

G-III Apparel Group has entered into a multi-year license agreement...

Interviews View All

Sanjay Desai & Ashish Mulani
True Colors

Digital textile printing will be the technology of the future

Mukesh Agarwal & Rajesh Agarwal
Madhuram Fincap Pvt Ltd

Increasing prices and lack of demand main issues facing industry

Manuj Terapanthi
Texaura

Transparent supply chain and fair trade will boost sustainable market

Eric Scholler
Groz-Beckert

The Indian market has huge potential in technical textiles, and by far,...

Ashok Desai
Bombay Textile Research Association

Bombay Textile Research Association (BTRA) is a leading name in textile...

Mohammad Hassan
Biax Fiberfilm

About one in every 20 patients picks up an infection while hospitalised....

Wendell Rodricks
Wendell Rodricks

"We should not compare India and the West. There are things we do that...

Pranav Mishra
Huemn

Designers Pranav Mishra and Shyma Shetty’s Huemn is known for its...

Sonam & Paras Modi
SVA

Sonam and Paras Modi's Sva Couture is synonymous with head-turning...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

news category


Related Categories:
May 2017

May 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

SUBSCRIBE


Browse Our Archives

GO


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search