Held in conjunction with the Techtextil North America show, the full-day conference will provide manufacturing executives and managers with information and insight on technologies and related best practices that are driving production and process improvements in 2013 and beyond. Professionals from apparel, industrial, military, and other sewn products segments are invited to learn more.
“We pack as much value as possible into this one-day session,” explained SPESA Managing Director Dave Gardner. “Attendees can look forward to gaining a greater understanding of available technologies and how to get the most out of their shop floor investments. All presentations are educational and non-commercial in nature and will allow ample time for audience questions and collaboration.”
SPESA member companies will leverage their vast technical knowledge and industry expertise to provide presentation content.
Topics and speakers slated for the conference include:
- Overview of Spreading and Cutting - Mel Berzack, President: Sewn Products Equipment Co.
- The Integrated Cutting Room - Paul Epperson, Vice President, Manufacturing Sales: Lectra
- Automatic Cutting: Rise to the Challenge - Dudley Fenn, Director of Global Sales: Gerber Technology
- Cutting Room Management - Michael Rabin, America Country Manager: Morgan Tecnica s.p.a.
- Automation for Sewn Products Manufacturing - Frank Henderson, President: Henderson Sewing Machine
- Unit Production Systems & Data Collection - Per Bringle, President: Eton Support US
- How Upfront Labor Costing Can Improve Your Bottom Line - John Stern, President: Methods Workshop
- True Production Cost, How to Control It - Jim Hoerig, Executive Vice President: CGS Leadtec
- Selecting the Correct Needle - José Reyes, Technical Manager: Ferd. Schmetz Needle Corp.
- Threaducation - Phillip Freese, Director – Global Retail Solutions: American & Efird, LLC
- Conference Moderator - Dr. Mike Fralix, President: [TC]2
Event registration also includes an end of day Industry Networking Reception and a three-day pass for the Techtextil Exhibit Floor.
Formed in 1990, the Sewn Products Equipment & Suppliers of the Americas (SPESA) is the largest trade association in the Americas solely devoted to the advancement of suppliers of machinery, technology, ancillary equipment, parts, services and other solutions for the development, manufacture, and distribution of sewn products.
SPESA members serve the apparel, upholstered furniture, home textiles, transportation interiors, leather goods, footwear, military, technical/industrial textiles and other sewn products segments. SPESA promotes and coordinates business and social interaction and provides opportunities for the sharing of industry-specific and general business information for its members and their customers.
Textiles | On 27th May 2018
To curb illegal imports, Ghanaian authorities will put a tax stamp on ...
Apparel/Garments | On 27th May 2018
Partners Group, a private markets investment manager, and Kedaara...
‘RT3 motto is: Do not check millimetres, check colours.’
Navigating through catalogues is a bit hasslesome
Max Fashion India
‘Traditional high-street retailers are now willing to offer franchisees to ...
No Nasties was the first fashion brand in India to make 100 per cent...
New Delhi-based Jogindra Industries Private Limited provides an assortment ...
<div>Delhi-based fast fashion womenswear brand, Besiva, aims to bridge the ...
Technical Absorbents Ltd
Mark Paterson, R&D manager of Technical Absorbents Ltd talks about Super...
Urs Stalder, CEO, Sanitized AG, talks about the increasing use of hygiene...
Swerea IVF AB
Marten Alkhagen, Senior Scientist - Nonwoven and Technical Textiles of...