Held in conjunction with the Techtextil North America show, the full-day conference will provide manufacturing executives and managers with information and insight on technologies and related best practices that are driving production and process improvements in 2013 and beyond. Professionals from apparel, industrial, military, and other sewn products segments are invited to learn more.
“We pack as much value as possible into this one-day session,” explained SPESA Managing Director Dave Gardner. “Attendees can look forward to gaining a greater understanding of available technologies and how to get the most out of their shop floor investments. All presentations are educational and non-commercial in nature and will allow ample time for audience questions and collaboration.”
SPESA member companies will leverage their vast technical knowledge and industry expertise to provide presentation content.
Topics and speakers slated for the conference include:
- Overview of Spreading and Cutting - Mel Berzack, President: Sewn Products Equipment Co.
- The Integrated Cutting Room - Paul Epperson, Vice President, Manufacturing Sales: Lectra
- Automatic Cutting: Rise to the Challenge - Dudley Fenn, Director of Global Sales: Gerber Technology
- Cutting Room Management - Michael Rabin, America Country Manager: Morgan Tecnica s.p.a.
- Automation for Sewn Products Manufacturing - Frank Henderson, President: Henderson Sewing Machine
- Unit Production Systems & Data Collection - Per Bringle, President: Eton Support US
- How Upfront Labor Costing Can Improve Your Bottom Line - John Stern, President: Methods Workshop
- True Production Cost, How to Control It - Jim Hoerig, Executive Vice President: CGS Leadtec
- Selecting the Correct Needle - José Reyes, Technical Manager: Ferd. Schmetz Needle Corp.
- Threaducation - Phillip Freese, Director – Global Retail Solutions: American & Efird, LLC
- Conference Moderator - Dr. Mike Fralix, President: [TC]2
Event registration also includes an end of day Industry Networking Reception and a three-day pass for the Techtextil Exhibit Floor.
Formed in 1990, the Sewn Products Equipment & Suppliers of the Americas (SPESA) is the largest trade association in the Americas solely devoted to the advancement of suppliers of machinery, technology, ancillary equipment, parts, services and other solutions for the development, manufacture, and distribution of sewn products.
SPESA members serve the apparel, upholstered furniture, home textiles, transportation interiors, leather goods, footwear, military, technical/industrial textiles and other sewn products segments. SPESA promotes and coordinates business and social interaction and provides opportunities for the sharing of industry-specific and general business information for its members and their customers.
Textiles | On 9th Dec 2016
Close to 230 exhibitors from over 28 countries are expected to...
Information Technology | On 9th Dec 2016
CLO Virtual Fashion, developers of 3D garment visualisation...
Textiles | On 8th Dec 2016
Sharing several initiatives laid out by the government in R&D,...
Dolphin Jingwei Machines
Taxation policies need to be made simpler
‘It is going to take some time for Indian buyers to get accustomed to...
‘Indian footwear market is nascent and largely a trend follower’
Paolo Ocleppo, Rotary Cutting Segment manager, Sandvik Hyperion discusses...
Steve Cole of Xerium Technologies discusses the industry. Xerium is the...
Biovation II LLC
Kerem Durdag, CEO, Biovation II LLC, provides an insight into future...
Bani Batra’s couture wedding collection is inspired by traditional Indian...
Label Ritu Kumar
‘Classics will return’ "There are a lot of people wearing western clothes ...
Occasions Elegance Wear
It is believed that by early 19th century, Varanasi weavers had moved away ...
Information Technology | On 30th Nov 2016