This event, SourceTrends 2014: Tackling Compliance and Sustainability, the first of what will become an annual program in Asia, is co-sponsored by many of the industry's leading service providers and trade associations.
A full-day agenda is planned with five panel discussions that address supply chain product safety, supplier facility compliance and sustainability. Each panel will be comprised of speakers from retail or brand organizations, product testing or audit/inspection companies, along with leaders from international trade associations from the textiles, apparel and footwear industry.
The topic areas on the agenda include the following in 45-minute sessions with Q & A time for each so you can interact with the speakers:
- The Current State of US CPSIA & REACH
- China's Changing Regulations
- Compliance in the Wake of Tragedy
- Greening the Supply Chain
- Conflict Minerals Management & CA Green Chemical Regulations
- Colin Browne, AmCham Committee Chair and VP & Managing Director of Asia Sourcing, VF Asia
- Steve Lamar, Executive Vice President, American Apparel and Footwear Association
- Tex Moseri, Senior Manager, Material Sourcing & Global RSL, New Balance Athletic Shoes (HK) Ltd.
- Anderson Lee, Vice Chairman, Sustainable Fashion Business Consortium
- Professor Yeung Kwok Wing, Executive Director, Clothing Industry Training Authority
- Kitty Man, Senior Product Safety Manager, VF Corp
- And others.
A group of industry not-for-profit and trade associations, like American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA), American Chamber of Commerce (Hong Kong), United States Fashion Industry Association (USFIA), Clothing Industry Training Authority (CITA), Footwear Distributors and Retailers Association (FDRA), and Sustainable Fashion Business Consortium (SFBC) have partnered with ecVision to promote this event to its members.
Speakers from these associations will participate as subject matter experts on the panels. Sponsoring companies will also have tabletop exhibits so attendees can meet and discuss more about the topics with each group. These include WRAP, Asia Inspection, Oeko-Tex, and TUV SUD.
ecVision offers a cloud-based supply chain collaboration platform that optimizes product lifecycle and supply chain processes. The enterprise platform, ecVision Suite, reflects the standardized business processes from design to delivery, creating a single collaborative solution for private label brands, retailers and their trading partners.
Textiles | On 10th Dec 2016
The import of cotton from international markets by spinning mills in...
Textiles | On 10th Dec 2016
The import of textiles and apparel by United States dropped 6.50 per...
Orange O Tec
Contemporary industry is paying more and more attention to the...
‘In future, clothing boundary lines will become increasingly blurred.’
Bridalwear is not about reds and whites anymore
InvestKonsult Sweden AB
Investkonsult Sweden AB has been buying and selling second-hand textile...
Steve Cole of Xerium Technologies discusses the industry. Xerium is the...
Paolo Ocleppo, Rotary Cutting Segment manager, Sandvik Hyperion discusses...