New version of RFID/AutoID middleware You-R OPEN 3.3 launched
The RFID/AutoID middleware You-R OPEN of the Austrian technology consulting and software company RF-iT Solutions is making a successful contribution to shortening the way to RFID-based processes in companies. Apart from the easy technical feasibility, the scalable software platform also represents an interesting tool which makes the use of RFID economically interesting in many areas.
For years, You-R OPEN has been employed very successfully in various industries, above all the textile, automotive and pharmaceutical industries, and has received numerous awards not least due to this performance. “You-R OPEN enables the existing software in companies to optimally process data from the RFID processes, independently of the readers and tags used”, explains Managing Director Dominik Berger. The operating environment thus represents the link between the RFID hardware and the existing IT infrastructure.
“The configurable and programmable process logic at the identification point has turned out to be extremely helpful for system integrators in several AutoID projects and lowers integration costs and the lead time of projects significantly”, Berger adds.
The new version 3.3, whose distribution started recently through listed product partners, supports not only the tested and tried data bases MS SQL 2000 and 2005, but also Oracle 10g as an integrated data base system and is therefore able to meet the complex requirements within the framework of RFID processes in a significantly wider customer environment.
Further innovations lowering the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) are:
• Generic applications (You-R SOLUTIONs modules) for mobile terminals, as well as applications in the desktop segment
• Logical devices for the grouping of readers and antennas
• Fully flexible support of individual reading events at antenna level
• Support in the area of filter mechanisms for devices (DataOnTagFilter, EpcPatternFilter etc)
• The number of supported AutoID devices was extended significantly and comprises not only barcodes, 2-D barcodes, RFID-printers and RFID readers, but, for instance, also scales by the companies Bizerba and Rhewa.
• Support of the current Microsoft operating systems Windows Vista and MS Server 2008
• Support of all EPC types in accordance with EPC Tag Data Standard V. 1.3
• Customizable web services in order to ensure maximum flexibility in projects
“The You-R OPEN platform, which has been easy to implement and administer for system integrators anyway, has taken another important step towards reducing operating costs”, RFID expert Berger points out.
You-R OPEN now makes it possible to dispose SNMP traps from the central Administration Suite in order to be integrated into standard network management tools of renowned manufacturers this way. The administration of the AutoID environment from a central tool once again saves time and costs.
A decisive step was also taken in the connection of ERP and other backend-systems, which offer maximum flexibility in the area of interfaces. In You-R OPEN 3.3, generic applications on the basis of MS Visual Studio are offered to partners for mobile and desktop applications as You-R SOLUTIONs modules.
This enables the system integrator to adapt and extend applications rapidly in the project, thus reducing the project lead time substantially. An inventory solution allows efficient stock and inventory management. The solution counterchecks existing data with a mobile device and can be parameterized by the trained You-R OPEN partner or adapted to individual customer requirements. Data of the performed inventory are played back to the underlying ERP system.