Clarity-ARS, new suite of solutions for retail applications
Xterprise Incorporated, a leading global supplier of Solutions for the High Definition Enterprise and a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, announced a new suite of solutions for retail applications, which introduce advanced inventory management and execution capabilities for the fashion apparel, specialty and high tech retail industry segments.
Store Inventory Management, the initial offering of Clarity-ARS(AdvancedRetail Solutions), leverages RFID and Microsoft technologies to enable storewide inventory management and integrated security at the individual garment or item level.
Clarity-ARS provides up-to-the-moment visibility and control of storewide inventory at the item and location level and automates many of manually intensive processes such as receiving and matching of merchandise, cycle counting, and restocking the sales floor from back-stock.
The solution greatly reduces out-of-stocks, missing items and shrink while moving the retailer much closer to the "One Touch" goal for store inventory management.
"RFID in retail has been the buzz for many years, yet actual implementations are few, and adoption of the technology has been slow," said Dean Frew, founder and chief executive officer of Xterprise.
"We have been quietly deploying item-level inventory systems over the last three years and are excited to announce Clarity-ARS which provides a new level of life-cycle inventory management for retailers. We expect this to be the first of a number of retail products. "
Highlights of the Clarity-ARS solution:
• Store-wide and location specific inventory control of merchandise at the individual garment level
• Rules-based and directed stocking of back-stock to the sales floor eliminating the guesswork typically involved in proper assortment decisions
• Automated receiving and matching of store receipts to ASN information to increase accuracy and get merchandise on the shelf more quickly
• Greatly increasing the accuracy and speed of store cycle counting using handheld readers or mobile carts
• Tracking the disposition of individual items as they move through the store, offering integrated merchandise security and monitoring to control shrink.
• Highly scalable Clarity architecture already leveraged by multiple customers which are using the technology to manage millions of garments across multiple locations
• Integration to POS, back office and Retail ERP solutions
"Customers across a number of retail segments are looking at how to improve item-level inventory management at the store level," said Vic Miles, Retail Technology Strategist at Microsoft Corp.
"The retail store inventory management capabilities of Clarity-ARS, built on Microsoft's scalable, services-oriented architecture platform, helps deliver a store-wide RFID integration framework at the lowest possible total cost of ownership."
Clarity-ARS has been developed on the Microsoft software platform featuring Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 R2, Microsoft BizTalk RFID and Microsoft SQL Server, offering enterprise class scalability and performance at the lowest possible total cost of ownership.