Textile is the one of the major sector of Indian Industries, the scope of which is increasing day by day. Textile has grown up to the peak of the consumer needs which requires the assuredly, quality & sustainable characteristics to further meet the competency in the market. In todays highly complex and changing consumer marketplace, those in the soft-lines and textile industry, including manufacturers, brands and retailers, need to be sure that the products they deliver to market meet consumer expectations along with the required safety, regulatory and government standards globally... Textile testing is the part of it, which make the consumer sure in the respect of good quality, about the products sold in the market. Good quality can be achieved either by meeting the standard norms as devised by the buyer or passing the complete parameters for further shipping out the goods to the end user.
These include the several testing parameters like performance, physical testing, color fastness related tests etc; the details of which are given below:
- Technical outerwear testing including air permeability analysis, Hydrostatic Head & antibacterial testing.
- Flammability testing for general wearing apparel, children's sleepwear and home furnishings (rugs, carpets, blankets, mattress pads) including NFPA (National Fire Protection Agency) 701 TM1, applies to single layer fabrics & to multilayer curtain & drapery assemblies
- Toxicology testing for formaldehyde, lead content, carcinogenic dyes, AZO dyes, nickel free & phthalates etc.
- Care label verification and development to demonstrate compliance with the requirements of the Federal Trade Commission
- Colorfastness testing for washing, crocking, light fastness, perspiration, water, saliva, etc.
- Detailed fabric and garment construction analysis including fabric weight, thread count, and yarn size
- Fiber composition and identification on specialty fibers such as modal
- Mechanical safety review on childrens clothing to verify the product meets the Consumer Product Safety Commission regulations for small parts, sharp edges, sharp points, draw cords etc.
- Physical testing including tensile strength, tear strength, abrasion, pilling, bursting strength etc.
- Trim testing for buttons, zippers, snaps, elastics, metal hardware, etc.
- Footwear & PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) testing for industry safety gloves, industrial safety footwear & protective clothing etc.
In addition to this, the third party labs also issue "Laboratory Summary Information for Certificate of Compliance" helps the importer for issuing "General Certificate of Conformity (GCC)" & assure the products meets CPSIA regulations & help in building the trust in US buyers
Textile laboratories, in house or third party, act as a quality assurance service for Softlines products cover a wide range of quality & safety compliance testing to protect the buyer's brand after evaluating their softline product. In addition of above, they also provide the product evaluation at development and pre-production stages, assessments for regulatory & safety compliance, product evaluation for appearance, quality & performance testing, wide range of technical support network for further answering questions & interpreting the results, defect analysis of customer complaint items & finally designing evaluations regarding applicable regulatory & safety requirements which all in turn helps in meeting the regulatory requirements for each distribution country & minimizing the risk of substandard merchandise & costly customer returns.