There is less development in India in the area of natural fibres i.e. bamboo, banana, sisal, ramie, hemp, linen etc. According to me, we have the Central Government enterprises i.e. ATIRA, BITRA, SITRA, NITRA and other organisations too. But they are restricted upto R&D and handloom sectors only. But missing link is - awareness campaigns - for the said developments into the textile sectors too at industry level for mass production. Demand & supply chain not through, so it becomes less developed area and after sometime, the said fibres innovation stopped.
Tanboocel Bamboo fibre blends with cotton/ organic cotton/ linen/ polyester and are used in terry towel, socks, knitting, weaving & home furnishing products in bulk. In India, Vardhman Group, Nahar Group, Trident Group, Rswm Group, Sel Group, Gokak, Pallava, Pkpn, GPI Textiles, Kesar, Rtm (Birla Group); are using Tanboocel®- Jigao Bamboo Fibre for their spinning mills. Yarn has good demand in domestic & international market too.
Bamboo textiles have become style. Bamboo has good inherent property of bacteria resistance (anti-microbial) due to its “Kun” element.
- Smooth, soft and luxurious feel: Lt has a basic round surface which makes it very smooth and to sit perfectly next to the skin. Bamboo apparel is softer than the softest cotton.
- Allergy reduced: Bamboo’s organic and naturally smooth fiber properties are non – irritating to the skin, making it ideal for people with skin sensitivities or other allergies and dermatitis.
- Good absorption ability: Bamboo fiber absorbs and evaporates sweat very quickly. Its ultimate breathability keeps the wearer comfortable and dry for a very longer period.
- Temperature adaptability: Fabrics made from bamboo fiber are highly breathable in hot weather and also keep the wearer warm in cold season. Bamboo is naturally cool to the touch.
Bamboo is superior then other cellulosic fibres due to its unique properties. Bamboo fibres also have the below benefits:
- The fabric is light and strong
- Has the ability to take colors well
- Anti – fungal and hypoallergenic – even after 50 washes
- Dries quickly – about twice as fast as most other fabrics
- Perfect traveling clothes the wrinkles fall right out so there’s no need to iron
- Bamboo is less than half the price as compare to cashmere.
Bamboo Fibre is being imported mainly. Fabrics import is negligible.
Main products for exports from India are 100% Bamboo yarn & its Blended yarns (70:30/ 60:40/ 50:50/ 95:5(spandex/ lycra) etc., Bamboo towels, Bamboo Under-garments, Bamboo Knitted garments, Bamboo Home Furnishing / Weaving products i.e. bedsheets, bathmats., Bamboo Carpets, Bamboo Socks, Scarfs, stawls, shawls etc…
Market is developing day by day. Now-a-days ‘branding’ is the useful tool to get our prospects. The American Marketing Association (AMA) defines a brand as a "name, term, sign, symbol or design, or a combination of them intended to identify the goods and services of one seller or group of sellers and to differentiate them from those of other sellers.
Therefore it makes sense to understand that branding is not about getting your target market to choose you over the competition, but it is about getting your prospects to see you as the only one that provides a solution to their problem.