As part of Call It Spring’s brand promise to ‘create a better tomorrow, together,’ moving to a fully vegan collection is a natural next step for the brand, providing options for customers who want to both look stylish and purchase with purpose.
“We’re extremely proud to offer the same on-trend and affordable options as always, but now with the added benefit of our shoes, accessories, and handbags being completely animal-free,” said, Alyssa Whited, global marketing director of Call It Spring. “This is more than a single collection or product offering. It is a key step in Call It Spring’s brand promise to create a better tomorrow, together. We wanted to make it easier for our customers to shop for affordable, animal-friendly options, and to feel good about their choices, without compromising on style. For this reason, we have gone fully vegan without increasing our prices. While we are happy with this most recent step within our journey towards a better future, we also recognize that we still have work to do and are working on exciting sustainability initiatives to come later this year.”
While the majority of Call It Spring products were already 90 per cent vegan, changing the remaining 10 per cent of materials and sourcing for a global fashion brand required considerable planning. “This has been a journey for Call It Spring. The first step, deciding to make vegan fashion more accessible for our customers, was an obvious one. We then had to conduct a thorough assessment of all products, identify what materials and components needed to be replaced, develop a vegan policy that outlined what materials were no longer permitted, and devise steps to ensure all products would be entirely free from animal materials or derivatives. Our partners and suppliers have been with us throughout this journey and we’re proud to say that now, all Call It Spring shoes, bags and accessories are now entirely free from animal skins, feathers, fur, hair, wool fibres, shells, real silk, and animal-based adhesives or components," said Monia Atijas, vice president of product and brand at Call It Spring explained about the transition to vegan.
Customers can now shop for the PETA-Approved Vegan products online and at over 400 stores globally and can identify vegan options by looking for the 'V' on the boxes, soles of the shoes, and on product pages online. In order to responsibly move previous, non-vegan inventory, the brand is currently doing some spring cleaning, selling off past-season, non-vegan products at great prices.
All Call It Spring packaging is FSC-certified, and as a brand under the Aldo Group, it is a proud member of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition, and part of the first fashion footwear and accessories company in the world to be certified climate neutral. As part of the brand’s journey and its recognition that vegan fashion does not always equal sustainable fashion, Call It Spring is also working to improve its sustainability. (RR)
Fibre2Fashion News Desk – India
| On 20th Apr 2021
The Australian Human Rights Commission has released new human rights...
| On 20th Apr 2021
Egypt is going full throttle with the construction of a textiles...
A 14-day lockdown imposed to curb the spread of COVID-19 pandemic has ...
Consumer sentiment will be conservative after lockdown
Wearables have very limited reach
Farmers who produce seeds earn 50 per cent more
Mumbai-based Forsarees is a socially driven business enterprise, working...
Delhi-headquartered Cantabil Retail India Ltd was founded by Vijay Bansal...
Danitech was born from the will of a group of technicians to offer the...
Steve McCullough & Marco Weichert
Functional Fabric Fair & Design and Development GmbH Textile Consult respectively
Functional Fabric Fair is a trade-exclusive event showcasing the latest...
Dieffenbacher India Pvt Ltd
Germany-based Dieffenbacher Group is a producer of high-quality composites ...
Headquartered in Belgium and with offices in the United Kingdom, Portugal...
Twee In One
Best known for convertible clothing, Indian brand Twee In One by designer...
Tahweave & Garo
Designer Sweta Tantia owns Garo, a couture indutva or ethnicwear brand,...
Artisan Saga, founded by Kaushik Rajani and Seema Agrawal, is an online...
Letter to Editor
Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.
Subscribe today and get the latest information on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel.
Download Free Report
Rising Opportunities in Technical Textiles Market: 2020-2026
Thank you for showing interest in our free report on 'Rising Opportunities in Technical Textiles Market: 2020-2026'
You will receive an email shortly with a link to download the report and in case if you don't receive our email, you can write back to firstname.lastname@example.org.