The Flipkart Marketplace platform is essentially a virtual mall giving shoppers access to multiple brands and sellers under one roof. Going forward users will be able to compare sellers and get the best prices at varied service levels for most products.
On the other hand, sellers stand to benefit from the trust that Flipkart has built with its users by building a robust and scalable e-commerce platform.
Flipkart Marketplace: Greater selection, lower prices
- A large part of the user experience (product selection, customer service and logistics) is seamless with an expanded selection of products.
- Users will continue to enjoy COD/EMI options and friendly return/replacement policies.
- Flipkart will take care of shipping and doorstep delivery through its logistics partners - hence assuring users of a quality experience.
- In keeping with its focus on customer delight, Flipkart will establish a protection programme to resolve any complaints.
- Sellers will be identified through a rigorous on boarding process and allowed to sell only genuine products.
- Sellers who provide a superior customer experience will receive prominence on Flipkart Marketplace.
Flipkart Marketplace: Selling online becomes simpler
- Sellers can increase their sales multifold by reaching out to Flipkart's large user base.
- Sellers can list their items or select from Flipkart's existing catalogue.
- Sellers can enjoy hassle-free shipping with Flipkart's trusted logistics partner.
"We created the blueprint for Flipkart Marketplace with the determination to take online shopping to the masses. While on the one hand it furthers the Flipkart promise of customer delight by giving more choices at competitive prices, it also serves as the foundation for entrepreneurship to flourish without having to worry about investing in any physical or virtual infrastructure and yet access millions of customers across the country with just a click.
In the last 12 months, more than 80 million unique visitors have come to Flipkart. Five out of six online Indians visit our website. Sellers on Flipkart will get access to this vast user base - which is akin to the footfall in prime retail spaces in the top 10 cities of the country," said Sachin Bansal, CEO and Co-Founder, Flipkart.
Textiles | On 17th Feb 2020
Pham Xuan Hong, president of Ho Chi Minh City’s textile association,...
Apparel/Garments | On 17th Feb 2020
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) has developed PaCT...
‘Blending cultures is the true beauty of fashion, where one’s imagination...
Defining MSMEs on the basis of turnover makes it simpler to do business
Sanjay Desai & Ashish Mulani
Digital textile printing will be the technology of the future
Luckytex is an integrated textile manufacturing company founded by...
Held every year in New York City, Surtex is a global business-to-business...
Gopi Knitts is one of the most celebrated manufacturers and suppliers of...
Nature Works LLC
Eamonn Tighe, Fibres and Nonwovens - Business Development Manager of...
The Indian market has huge potential in technical textiles, and by far,...
EDANA, the international association serving the nonwovens and related...