Home / Knowledge / News / Apparel/Garments / Guatemalan apparel exports touch $1.14bn in Jan-Sep'13
Guatemalan apparel exports touch $1.14bn in Jan-Sep'13
18
Dec '13
The exports of apparel from the Central American country of Guatemala reached US$ 1.146 billion during January to September 2013, registering a growth of 7.7 percent over exports of US$ 1.064 billion made during the corresponding period of last year, the Apparel and Textile Industry Association (Vestex) said based on the data from the Bank of Guatemala (Banguat).
 
In recent years, the apparel and textile industry in Guatemala has become more dynamic and competitive, and its exports have surpassed traditional items like coffee and sugar to become the leading foreign exchange earning sector for the Central American country.
 
In 2012, Guatemala exported 297.3 million pieces of garments valued at US$ 1.189 million.
 
The Guatemalan textile and apparel sector includes 129 apparel companies, 39 textile factories and mills, 260 service and accessory companies that together employ 90,000 people directly and indirectly, of which 46 percent are women, according to Vestex.
 
The apparel and textile manufacturing industry contributes about 4 percent to Guatemala’s national production (GDP) and about 21 percent to the country’s industrial production.
 
The Guatemalan clothing and textile industry mainly comprises of knitted fabrics and apparel, which account for 77.61 percent of all production, while the woven fabric and garments account for the remaining 22.39 percent of production.
 

Fibre2fashion News Desk - India


Must ReadView All

Pic: Shutterstock

Textiles | On 26th Feb 2021

ITC supports boosting Tajik textile-clothing sector's

As part of the International Trade Centre’s (ITC) intensive training...

Pic: Shutterstock

Retail | On 26th Feb 2021

UK athleisure order volumes rise since pandemic started

The lockdown has boosted UK athleisure sales, while a lack of social...

Pic: Shutterstock

E-commerce | On 26th Feb 2021

Digital savvy firms germane to buyers in post-pandemic era:

A paradigm shift towards digitisation was already under way before...

Interviews View All

International apparel brands, Head honchos

International apparel brands
Head honchos

Launched first collection at onset of Covid

Headhonchos, Indian textile value chain

Headhonchos
Indian textile value chain

'One nation, one tax' is a great concept

Riddhika Shah, SS Homme

Riddhika Shah
SS Homme

'Worsted wool is the ideal fabric for menswear'

Boban Charly,

Boban Charly

Bierrebi designs and manufactures automatic machines that cut fabric into...

Ravi Raj Desai,

Ravi Raj Desai

Himalaya Cotton Yarn Ltd manufactures high quality denier. The spinning...

Akshat Chaudhary,

Akshat Chaudhary

Aizome, Asia's first Fairtrade denim brand, is all set to launch next...

Mark Brill, Birmingham City University (BCU)

Mark Brill
Birmingham City University (BCU)

<div>A technological breakthrough could see people getting messages about...

Georg Reinhold, Trützschler  Nonwovens & Man-Made Fibers

Georg Reinhold
Trützschler Nonwovens & Man-Made Fibers

Trützschler Nonwovens & Man-Made Fibers, a part of the Trützschler Group,...

Kerem Durdag, Biovation II LLC

Kerem Durdag
Biovation II LLC

Kerem Durdag, CEO, Biovation II LLC, provides an insight into future...

Sailesh Singhania, Sailesh Singhania Label

Sailesh Singhania
Sailesh Singhania Label

The Sailesh Singhania label was created to promote handwoven sarees and...

Wendell Rodricks, Wendell Rodricks

Wendell Rodricks
Wendell Rodricks

"We should not compare India and the West. There are things we do that...

Anjali Bhaskar, Samatvam

Anjali Bhaskar
Samatvam

Anjali Bhaskar has an experience of 12 years in the fashion industry. She...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

Leave your Comments


February 2021

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.


Advanced Search