Launching, Leisure Society, a new line of luxury eyewear from designer Shane Baum, member of the CFDA and known for his work with Louis Vuitton.
The ultra luxe new collection, which features four sunglass and five ophthalmic frames, took over three years to develop with each frame handmade in Japan by the world's finest artisanal craftsman. Each frame, an heirloom piece, requires six hours to engrave, thereby limiting production to only four frames per day. Many of the technical drawings contain over 3,000 carefully placed lines (the average frame contains less than 10), and the result is a triumph from both a fashion and optical manufacturing standpoint.
Leisure Society's inaugural collection will consist of a limited run of 75 frames per style. The Collection, which will be available October 2010 in New York, Los Angeles, London, and Paris, will feature:
• Five ophthalmic styles and four sunglasses, available in five to six colorways each.
• The frames are 100% pure titanium and plated in 12, 18 and 24 karat gold.
• Frames are accentuated with high quality diamonds and precious metals.
• The lenses are Polarized CR-39 with a hydrophobic coating and a proprietary 12 layer anti reflective UGR12TMcoating.
• The lenses are 99.9% distortion free, carry 100% UVA/UVB protection, block eye-fatiguing blue light, and are coated with Diamond CastTM anti-scratch coating.
"Not a single expense was spared for our collection," said Shane Baum, President of Baumvision. "We worked for years on perfecting numerous new technologies that we applied to very classical concepts." Baum continues, "And as a result these are the most difficult frames that I have ever manufactured in every aspect of production, from casting, plating, and engraving to enameling and finishing."
The frames will debut in private residences throughout California and New York in Fall/Winter 2010 and will be available online and at select stores starting October.
Leisure Society by Baumvision