Bombay Dyeing plans to wind up Indonesian JV

24 Jun '18
1 min read

Bombay Dyeing & Manufacturing Co Ltd plans to wind up its loss making joint venture PT Five Star Textile Indonesia. In a strategic move, the company is acquiring additional shares representing 52.11 per cent of the total paid up capital. This will increase the company’s shareholding from the current 33.89 per cent to 86 per cent, it said.

“The company has signed a term sheet to acquire additional 3409 shares (representing 52.11 per cent of total paid up capital) in its existing joint venture in Indonesia viz PT Five Star Textile Indonesia,” Bombay Dyeing said in a filing with the Bombay Stock Exchange.

“With this additional acquisition, the shareholding of the company in the joint venture will rise to 86 per cent from 33.89 per cent at present, thereby making it a subsidiary of the company. This is a strategic move to wind up the loss making joint venture in due course,” it added.

Five Star Textile was set up in 1979 in Bandung, Indonesia, for manufacturing and sale of yarn, fabric and other textile products. (RKS)

Fibre2Fashion News Desk – India

Leave your Comments

Esteemed Clients

TÜYAP IHTISAS FUARLARI A.S.
Tradewind International Servicing
Thermore (Far East) Ltd.
The LYCRA Company Singapore  Pte. Ltd
Thai Trade Center
Thai Acrylic Fibre Company Limited
TEXVALLEY MARKET LIMITED
TESTEX AG, Swiss Textile Testing Institute
Telangana State Industrial Infrastructure Corporation Limited (TSllC Ltd)
Taiwan Textile Federation (TTF)
SUZHOU TUE HI-TECH NONWOVEN MACHINERY CO.,LTD
Stahl Holdings B.V.,

Recommended

Advanced Search