Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / ITMA Asia + CITME 2016 attracts over 100,000 visitors
ITMA Asia + CITME 2016 attracts over 100,000 visitors
03
Nov '16
Courtesy: ITMA Asia + CITME 2016
Courtesy: ITMA Asia + CITME 2016
Featuring the largest showcase in the series since its launch in 2008, the recently concluded ITMA Asia + CITME 2016 textile machinery exhibition received a very strong response from visitors. By the end of the five-day show on October 25, the fifth combined showcase registered a visitorship of over 100,000 from 102 countries and regions.

In terms of visitor numbers, nearly 80 per cent of them were from mainland China. Of the remaining 20 per cent, the highest number of visitors was from India, followed by Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Indonesia and Bangladesh.

A total of 1,673 exhibitors from 28 countries and regions participated in the exhibition, which covered over 170,000 square metres of gross exhibition space. These exhibitors commented very favourably on the high quality of professional and trade visitors attending the show.

“We are delighted that this was our largest show since its launch back in 2008. The majority of our visitors were serious buyers, and as a result our exhibitors are very happy with the overall quality. We are looking forward to another successful presentation of the next combined show in 2018,” said Fritz Mayer, president of Cematex, the European committee of textile machinery associations.

Wang Shutian, president of China Textile Machinery Association (CTMA), agreed: “The combined show continues to be a 'must' for textile machinery manufacturers and their customers, and we are delighted to present the very best technologies from both east and west to Chinese and other Asian buyers.”

Taking advantage of latest information technology, the show organisers provided some new services to visitors, who could download an interactive map to navigate the exhibition halls, and were also given the option of registering and paying for their badges via WeChat, a popular mobile app in China.

The next combined show will be held at the National Exhibition and Convention Centre (Shanghai) from October 26-30, 2018 and will be organised by BJITME, and co-organised by ITMA Services. (RKS)

Fibre2Fashion News Desk – India


Must ReadView All

Courtesy: Pexels

Textiles | On 19th Sep 2018

Punitive PRC tariffs on US goods has extra 5% on textiles

Responding to Washington’s latest duty increase in a dispute with...

Courtesy: Tecnorama

Textiles | On 19th Sep 2018

'Reliability & excellent quality are Tecnorama’s USP'

The complete reliability and excellent quality of Tecnorama systems...

Courtesy:  Stanislav Kondratiev on Unsplash

Apparel/Garments | On 19th Sep 2018

AAFA questions US tariffs on $200 bn Chinese goods

The American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA) has questioned...

Interviews View All

Rahuul Jashnani, Jashn

Rahuul Jashnani
Jashn

‘Online economy has changed the whole dynamics of buying habits.’

Top executives, Textile industry

Top executives
Textile industry

The foremost issue is bridging the skill gap

Top executives, Fashion houses, India

Top executives
Fashion houses, India

With technology, it has become easier to ensure IPR

Kalai Selvi,

Kalai Selvi

Vidyashilp Academy in Bengaluru is the country's first Fairtrade School....

Franco Ravazzi,

Franco Ravazzi

Italy-based Tessimenti E Orditi Tinti (T.O.T SRL) specialises in stocking...

Maya Simova,

Maya Simova

Inter Expo and Congress Center (IEC) is a prominent exhibition centre in...

Silke Brand-Kirsch, Schlegel und Partner GmbH

Silke Brand-Kirsch
Schlegel und Partner GmbH

<div>Schlegel und Partner is the market research and consultancy company...

S Ziya Gumuser, Teknomelt

S Ziya Gumuser
Teknomelt

Turkish nonwoven manufacturer Teknomelt has been around for only seven...

Johan Berlin, InvestKonsult Sweden AB

Johan Berlin
InvestKonsult Sweden AB

Investkonsult Sweden AB has been buying and selling second-hand textile...

Adriano Goldschmied, AG Jeans

Adriano Goldschmied
AG Jeans

The hype around 'designer jeans' was created by him. And the new wave of...

Cigdem Akin, Cigdem Akin

Cigdem Akin
Cigdem Akin

She has carved a niche for herself as the national brand of Turkey. Her...

Nisha Chanda, Whistling Woods International School of Fashion

Nisha Chanda
Whistling Woods International School of Fashion

<div>A lack of upgraded courses in costume designing and fashion as per...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

Leave your Comments


September 2018

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Advanced Search