The sales volume of commodity products realized by “KuibyshevAzot” OJSC for 6 months in 2012 amounted 15.6 billion rubles, which is 6.5 % more than the last year results for the corresponding period.
Net income amounted 2.5 billion rubles.
Compared with the results for the corresponding period of 2011 the output of major products was as follows:
- ammonia – 322 Kt (101%);
- mineral fertilizers in terms of 100% nitrogen – 231 Kt (101,6 %), including:
ammonium nitrate – 285,7 Kt (102,1%);
urea – 175,3 Kt (99,3 %);
ammonium sulphate –243,8 Kt (104%);
- caprolactam – 95,3 Kt (100%);
- polyamide-6 – 58,3 Kt (80 %);
- industrial yarn – 5,6 Kt (83,6%);
- cord fabric – 3 Kt (98%).
- At the polyamide production facilities, the planned repair work was in progress.
- There was finished installation of equipment; the start-up of it at the ammonium sulphate compaction plant is in progress.
- Third soda melt crystallizing table was commissioned at the caprolactam production, which increased the production of commodity soda ash by 50% while reducing the impact on the environment.
“KuibyshevAzot” OJSC is one of the leading companies of the Russian chemical industry.
The company conducts its business in two areas:
- production of caprolactam and its derived products (PA-6, high tenacity yarns, cord fabric, engineering plastics);
- production of ammonia and nitrogen fertilizers.
The company is placed in 1000 km south-east of Moscow, the Russian capital, in Togliatti, Samara Region, on the bank of the Volga, the largest European river. The plant was founded in 1966. The area of the company is 3 000 000 sq. m (300 hectare). Number of personnel is 5500 people.