Fiscal 2014 first quarter highlights:
- Net sales were $70.1 million, up 1.4 percent, with mattress fabric sales up 0.5 percent and upholstery fabric sales up 2.4 percent. This is the company’s highest total sales for the first quarter in nine years.
- Pre-tax income was $5.5 million, the highest first quarter level in the company’s history.
- Adjusted net income (non-GAAP) was $4.7 million, or $0.38 per diluted share, for the current quarter, compared with $4.3 million, or $0.34 per diluted share, for the prior year period. (Adjusted net income is calculated using estimated cash income tax expense. See the reconciliation to net income on page 6). Net income (GAAP) was $3.2 million, or $0.26 per diluted share, compared with net income of $3.5 million, or $0.28 per diluted share, in the prior year period.
- The company’s financial position remained strong with cash and cash equivalents and short term investments of $27.6 million and total debt of $7.2 million as of July 28, 2013.
- Consolidated return on capital was 32 percent compared with 31 percent in the prior year period.
- Free cash flow was $1.9 million compared with ($3.0) million a year ago.
- The company paid a cash dividend of $0.04 per share during the quarter, representing a 33 percent increase in quarterly cash dividend payments from fiscal 2013.
- The projection for the second quarter of fiscal 2014 is for overall sales to be in the range of flat to four percent higher as compared with the same period last year. Pre-tax income is expected to be in the range of $4.1 million to $4.7 million. Pre-tax income for the second quarter of fiscal 2013 was $4.5 million.
- The company expects fiscal 2014 to be another excellent year for free cash flow.
For the first quarter ended July 28, 2013, net sales were $70.1 million, compared with $69.2 million a year ago. The company reported net income of $3.2 million, or $0.26 per diluted share, for the first quarter of fiscal 2014, compared with net income of $3.5 million, or $0.28 per diluted share, for the first quarter of fiscal 2013.
Results for the first quarter of fiscal 2014 include a one-time charge of $206,000 for the tentative settlement of ongoing litigation relating to environmental claims at a closed facility. This amount is included in the Other expense line item of the Consolidated Statements of Income.
Click here to read full results
Apparel/Garments | On 19th Feb 2019
Holiday retail sales during 2018 in US grew a lower-than-expected 2.9 ...
Fashion | On 19th Feb 2019
The Italian fashion sector accounted for 1.3 per cent of its economy...
Textiles | On 19th Feb 2019
Boosting yarn production in Bangladesh could help revitalise the silk ...
Sustainable fashion is also ‘slow fashion’
Mukesh Agarwal & Rajesh Agarwal
Madhuram Fincap Pvt Ltd
Increasing prices and lack of demand main issues facing industry
Vidhyaa Shankar. S
A Ganapathi Chettiar
'The usage of knits is getting into the boundaries of woven fabrics'
Textile Events is one of the largest textile fair in the United Kingdom,...
Turkey-based Temsan Air Engineering is one of the leading manufacturers of ...
Established in 2005, SL Banthia Textiles manufactures coated fabrics....
Statex Produktions & Vertriebs GmbH
Statex Produktions & Vertriebs Gmbh, founded in 1978 and headquartered ...
Glen Raven Inc
Paige Mullis discusses the expansion plans of Glen Raven Inc in India, and ...
Trützschler Nonwovens & Man-Made Fibers
Trützschler Nonwovens & Man-Made Fibers, a part of the Trützschler Group,...
Sandeep and Sarah Shaikh Gonsalves
SS Homme celebrates the craft of traditional tailoring through the bespoke ...
From its modest beginning in the late 1960s, Shrujan has grown into a...
Sonam and Paras Modi's Sva Couture is synonymous with head-turning...