Fiscal 2014 first quarter highlights:
- Net sales were $70.1 million, up 1.4 percent, with mattress fabric sales up 0.5 percent and upholstery fabric sales up 2.4 percent. This is the company’s highest total sales for the first quarter in nine years.
- Pre-tax income was $5.5 million, the highest first quarter level in the company’s history.
- Adjusted net income (non-GAAP) was $4.7 million, or $0.38 per diluted share, for the current quarter, compared with $4.3 million, or $0.34 per diluted share, for the prior year period. (Adjusted net income is calculated using estimated cash income tax expense. See the reconciliation to net income on page 6). Net income (GAAP) was $3.2 million, or $0.26 per diluted share, compared with net income of $3.5 million, or $0.28 per diluted share, in the prior year period.
- The company’s financial position remained strong with cash and cash equivalents and short term investments of $27.6 million and total debt of $7.2 million as of July 28, 2013.
- Consolidated return on capital was 32 percent compared with 31 percent in the prior year period.
- Free cash flow was $1.9 million compared with ($3.0) million a year ago.
- The company paid a cash dividend of $0.04 per share during the quarter, representing a 33 percent increase in quarterly cash dividend payments from fiscal 2013.
- The projection for the second quarter of fiscal 2014 is for overall sales to be in the range of flat to four percent higher as compared with the same period last year. Pre-tax income is expected to be in the range of $4.1 million to $4.7 million. Pre-tax income for the second quarter of fiscal 2013 was $4.5 million.
- The company expects fiscal 2014 to be another excellent year for free cash flow.
For the first quarter ended July 28, 2013, net sales were $70.1 million, compared with $69.2 million a year ago. The company reported net income of $3.2 million, or $0.26 per diluted share, for the first quarter of fiscal 2014, compared with net income of $3.5 million, or $0.28 per diluted share, for the first quarter of fiscal 2013.
Results for the first quarter of fiscal 2014 include a one-time charge of $206,000 for the tentative settlement of ongoing litigation relating to environmental claims at a closed facility. This amount is included in the Other expense line item of the Consolidated Statements of Income.
Click here to read full results
| On 23rd Jul 2021
Peru's official ratification of the Comprehensive and Progressive...
| On 23rd Jul 2021
Bangladesh will stay resilient, continue to attract foreign direct...
Japan’s imports of clothing and accessories increased by 4 per cent...
There was a certain switch, but it was not 100% pandemic related
International apparel brands
Launched first collection at onset of Covid
National Institute of Fashion Technology
Campus placements are low due to lockdowns
The Riri Group is a one-stop supplier of metal accessories for the luxury...
GoodWeave International, a nonprofit working to end child, forced and...
The entertainment/character segment lead as the largest sector for the...
<div>RocketLife, an award-winning developer of breakthrough visual...
University of Rhode Island
Assistant professor Daniel Roxbury and former URI graduate student...
Bebop Sensors' smart fabrics allows for a new level of interaction between ...
Twee In One
Best known for convertible clothing, Indian brand Twee In One by designer...
A Humming Way
A Humming Way (AHW) is inspired by the old-world regalia of Rajasthan...
Shalini Sharma & Shweta Pundir Sharma
Six Yard Story
Six Yard Story is a premium artisanal brand with a focus to bring handloom ...
Letter to Editor
Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.
Subscribe today and get the latest information on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel.