Please fill in your details to download the Table of Contents of this report for free. We also do customization of these reports so you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case you need any other additional information.
Fiscal 2014 first quarter highlights:
- Net sales were $70.1 million, up 1.4 percent, with mattress fabric sales up 0.5 percent and upholstery fabric sales up 2.4 percent. This is the company’s highest total sales for the first quarter in nine years.
- Pre-tax income was $5.5 million, the highest first quarter level in the company’s history.
- Adjusted net income (non-GAAP) was $4.7 million, or $0.38 per diluted share, for the current quarter, compared with $4.3 million, or $0.34 per diluted share, for the prior year period. (Adjusted net income is calculated using estimated cash income tax expense. See the reconciliation to net income on page 6). Net income (GAAP) was $3.2 million, or $0.26 per diluted share, compared with net income of $3.5 million, or $0.28 per diluted share, in the prior year period.
- The company’s financial position remained strong with cash and cash equivalents and short term investments of $27.6 million and total debt of $7.2 million as of July 28, 2013.
- Consolidated return on capital was 32 percent compared with 31 percent in the prior year period.
- Free cash flow was $1.9 million compared with ($3.0) million a year ago.
- The company paid a cash dividend of $0.04 per share during the quarter, representing a 33 percent increase in quarterly cash dividend payments from fiscal 2013.
- The projection for the second quarter of fiscal 2014 is for overall sales to be in the range of flat to four percent higher as compared with the same period last year. Pre-tax income is expected to be in the range of $4.1 million to $4.7 million. Pre-tax income for the second quarter of fiscal 2013 was $4.5 million.
- The company expects fiscal 2014 to be another excellent year for free cash flow.
For the first quarter ended July 28, 2013, net sales were $70.1 million, compared with $69.2 million a year ago. The company reported net income of $3.2 million, or $0.26 per diluted share, for the first quarter of fiscal 2014, compared with net income of $3.5 million, or $0.28 per diluted share, for the first quarter of fiscal 2013.
Results for the first quarter of fiscal 2014 include a one-time charge of $206,000 for the tentative settlement of ongoing litigation relating to environmental claims at a closed facility. This amount is included in the Other expense line item of the Consolidated Statements of Income.
Click here to read full results
| On 8th Aug 2020
Current account surpluses and deficits narrowed modestly in 2019, and ...
Pakistan's commerce ministry is busy trying to get the Textile Policy ...
| On 8th Aug 2020
Hermes International SA, a French high fashion luxury goods...
'In export markets, the trend in terms of embroidery, is towards matte...
Consumer sentiment will be conservative after lockdown
We are staring at livelihood crisis for weavers
Morgan Tecnica offers the largest and most modern range of solutions for...
Located in the heart of cotton growing belt of India, Gimatex is a...
Luckytex is an integrated textile manufacturing company founded by...
University of New South Wales
<div><div><div><div><b>Melissa Tate</b>, a well-known scientist currently...
Pranesh Sridharan & Berndt Koll
The Lenzing Group produces Lenzing Lyocell and Modal cellulosic fibres of...
Swerea IVF AB
Marten Alkhagen, Senior Scientist - Nonwoven and Technical Textiles of...
"Now we can see the Russian trend in international fashion. And Russian...
Tahweave & Garo
Designer Sweta Tantia owns Garo, a couture indutva or ethnicwear brand,...
Occasions Elegance Wear
It is believed that by early 19th century, Varanasi weavers had moved away ...
Letter to Editor
Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.
Subscribe today and get the latest information on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel.