Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / RIL Board approves 3bn cracker project in Jamnagar

RIL Board approves 3bn cracker project in Jamnagar

24
Feb '07
To set up largest integrated 2 MMTPA petrochemical complex RIL Board approves 12 Crore Preferential Warrants to promoters Dr. R A Mashelkar appointed Director on RIL Board.

The Board of Directors of the Company met and took the following decisions:

1. Confirm the decision taken on 9th November, 2006 to raise US $2 billion to finance the capital expenditure plan for oil and gas business through External Commercial Borrowings by way of debt.

2. Raise further equity by way of preferential issue of 12 crore warrants exercisable into equal number of equity shares of Rs.10 each of the Company to the Promoters as per SEBI guidelines for Preferential Issues, subject to shareholders approval.

An amount equivalent to 10% of the price would be paid on allotment of warrants and the remaining 90% would be paid at the time of subscription to equity shares on exercise of rights attached to the warrants within a period of 18 months. On exercise of such rights the paid up capital of the Company will increase from Rs 1393 crores to Rs 1513 crores.

3. Build one of the largest integrated cracker and petrochemicals complex with a total capacity of 2 mmtpa in the SEZ at Jamnagar. This cracker will use refinery off gases and other byproducts as feedstock to manufacture ethylene, propylene and its downstream commodity and speciality derivatives.

The proposed facility will be built at a capital cost of US $ 3 billion and is expected to go on stream by 2010 -11. This unique integration with the refinery will place the proposed cracker complex at par with the most efficient producers of olefins and derivatives in the world including those in the Middle East and will enable the Company to achieve one of the most competitive cost positions.


Must ReadView All

Pic: Shutterstock

Textiles | On 23rd Sep 2021

Global economic recovery continues but remains uneven: OECD

The global economy is growing far more strongly than anticipated a...

Pic: Shutterstock

Textiles | On 23rd Sep 2021

President Biden plays down probability of US-UK trade deal

US President Joe Biden has played down the chances of a post-Brexit...

Pic: Shutterstock

Textiles | On 23rd Sep 2021

ADB revises down Cambodia’s growth forecast, sees rebound in 2022

Cambodia’s economy is projected to grow by 1.9 per cent this year...

Interviews View All

Textile Industry, Head honchos

Textile Industry
Head honchos

The pandemic has reinstated need for organised retail spaces in Tier II...

Textile Industry, Head honchos

Textile Industry
Head honchos

Multi-functional garments will be next big thing

Textile Industry, Head honchos

Textile Industry
Head honchos

Marry with brand ethos

Yawer Ali Shah,

Yawer Ali Shah

Synthetic colours and dyes were all the rage till the very first ban on...

Klaus Bergmann,

Klaus Bergmann

German company Erbatech GmbH develops, designs and manufactures high end...

Alberto Gotti,

Alberto Gotti

Danitech was born from the will of a group of technicians to offer the...

Robert Brookins, Alexium International

Robert Brookins
Alexium International

Alexium International is a specialty chemical development company...

Sameer Sonkusale & Rachel Owyeung, Tufts University

Sameer Sonkusale & Rachel Owyeung
Tufts University

A team at the Tufts University in Massachusetts was recently in news for...

Shlomzion Chen, Seevix

Shlomzion Chen
Seevix

Seevix Material Sciences Ltd, which develops and manufactures synthetic...

Aprajita Toor, Aprajita Toor

Aprajita Toor
Aprajita Toor

The creations by <b>Aprajita Toor</b> were born out of a deep desire to...

Reynu Taandon, Label Reynu Taandon + Nikhita

Reynu Taandon
Label Reynu Taandon + Nikhita

Renowned womenswear designer <b>Reynu Taandon </b>has been serving the...

Megha Kumari & Jigar Mali, Label Megha & Jigar

Megha Kumari & Jigar Mali
Label Megha & Jigar

New Delhi based label Megha &amp; Jigar blends India's unique handcrafts...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

Leave your Comments


September 2021

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.


Advanced Search