IFAI exhibitors present growing global industry of specialty fabrics
The Industrial Fabrics Association International hosted its annual high-energy gathering of the growing specialty fabrics industry at the Charlotte Convention Center. For three days exhibitors displayed an impressive array of new products, smart fabrics and green solutions, innovative new kinds of high-performance and sustainable design.
According to IFAI President and CEO Stephen Warner, "No other industry textile show draws buyers from all levels of the supply chain in such a diverse range of markets. IFAI Expo continues to grow in size, market reach and recognition as the leading event for specialty fabrics."
IFAI Expo 2008 At-A-Glance
- IFAI announces New Zealand as new country sector, New Zealand Textile Association Joins IFAI
- IFAI announces second Advanced Textiles Conference: April 2-3, 2009 in Brussels; and IFAI Expo Asia, April 14-16, 2010 in Singapore
- IFAI Expo featuredT he Design Exhibition 2008, a museum-style presentation of innovative fabrics for safety and health
- Winners of the 2008 Safety Products Student Design Challenge were announced at the 6th Annual International Conference on Safety & Protective Fabrics
- The lucky winner of the IFAI Membership "Pit Pass" drawing for the digital camera was Christy Gardner, Auto Interiors & Tops Inc., Raleigh, NC
- A record 408 project entries from 16 countries were submitted for the 2008 International Achievement Award Competition for textile design excellence.
IFAI Expo 2008 had a record-breaking 8,210 registered participants from 58 countries--continuing its reign as the largest specialty fabrics trade show in the Americas. IFAI Vice President of Conference Management Todd Lindemann added that "The exhibitors had a good show this year. Despite the economic turmoil of the times, we had a great turnout and are already 70% booked for IFAI Expo 2009 in San Diego--which has been the most popular show destination we've ever had in the past. Many exhibitors have increased their booth size for next year."
Here's what exhibitors and attendees were saying about IFAI Expo 2008
"By 11 a.m., Day 2, we ran out of literature and business cards. We didn't anticipate the volume of traffic, even though we have attended Expo in the past. IFAI Expo 2008 was the best show of all!" - Jim Wyatt, Weisner Steel Products - Tampa, FL
"We see a wider range of our customers and suppliers at the IFAI show compared to any other. So it makes sense for us to exhibit there rather than try to walk the show, as we do at others." - Mike Radziwon, Gladding Braided Products, LLC - South Otselic, NY
"IFAI Expo 2008 was very good for us. We now have exposure in a large market segment in which we had previously not been well known. The door has opened and now it's up to us to take advantage of that. I am busily responding to the leads and we have several orders in hand from prospects who visited with us in Charlotte. ONE SALEpays for the show since we are selling machines that average over $10,000 per sale. We are also very pleased with the quality of the leads. We'll definitely be (at IFAI Expo 2009) in San Diego next year." - Robert Borders, Creative Companies of Kentucky - Buckner, KY