Munich Fabric Start opens the new season twice every year with a curated portfolio of fabrics ranging from plains to haute couture as well as accessories for all apparel categories. The latest edition saw a record number of visitors, and showcased trends for 2019/20. Regina Henkel reports.
The highlights from Munich Fabric Start:
- Munich Fabric Start showed its best side while presenting the new fabric trends for Autumn/Winter 2019/20
- Style breaks are still popular: high fashion vs no fashion, futurist vs realist, optimist vs activist
- Women’s fashion
- Dark colours are being considered a trend and come in dark purple, brown, grey and petrol.
- Men’s fashion
- Denim remains important as a contrast generator and decisive accent.
- The current Bluezone was the strongest and best-occupied in its history.
- Sourcing in transition
- Digital design
- New sustainable technologies