The Uttar Pradesh Government carried out a series of policy promotion roadshows to attract investors. It has recently launched textile policy providing incentives including ?3,200 wage subsidy and 25 percent capital subsidy, among others.
MUKUL SINGHAL, Additional Chief Secretary, Departments of Handlooms, Textiles & Sericulture, Uttar Pradesh government, spoke to Hiral Oza about the highlights of UP’s textiles policy and steps taken to make headway in the sector.
Below are the highlights:
1. Difference between new and old policy
2. Employment generation
3. Power tariffs and solar energy
4. Special incentives
5. Incentives for mega units
6. Connectivity in the state
7. Labor reforms
8. Special incentives to Poorvanchal, Bundelkhand, and Madhyanchal