Apparel Sourcing will be held on September 17-20 2012.
The show will certainly be more international with the arrival of a dozen or so new producers from Belgium, India, Hong Kong, Japan, Turkey, the United States and Taiwan to enhance the ranges of accessories, shirting and knitwear. This goes to confirm the exhibition’s role as the foremost platform for European sourcing in terms of diversity of exhibitors and variety of products. Here is a preview of what some of these newly registered exhibitors will be offering:
- Nomura (Japan) founded in 1904, the eponymous holding company has been able to diversify and is very active in the clothing sector. Its high-end shirts, 90% of which are designs for men, are highly appreciated for the quality of fabrics and sophisticated finishes.
The firm favours functional fabrics to maximise comfort and care.
- Kayen Teks Tekstil (Turkey) collections made exclusively in 100% double-twist cotton, giving the shirts an incomparable fit. For its own models, the firm relies on casual cuts with a beautiful finish. As a private label, buyers can have items customised to the extent they require.
- Jain Shawls (India) shawl lovers’ wishes will be fully satisfied by this company: a profusion of scarves and shawls, prints, magnificent embroidery offering all the traditional Indian skills for exquisite scarves and shawls. There are also jacquard patterns made on the most advanced machines, for those who are looking for more understated models, in particular for men. Prices range from average to the very top of the line.
- Masarati (Taiwan) their fresh collection, which is mid-range and very girly, will appeal to customers in the 20 to 35 age group. Plenty of mini dresses with sophisticated cuts and fabrics are on offer.
- Fabmill from the United States has its sights set on the market for the 25 to 45 age group with its feminine collection in fluid fabrics.
- Paramount Clothing (India) has lots of feminine separates with a wide range of products and prices. These offers can revitalise firms’ lines of products at a time when European clothing consumption is looking for a way forward for growth.
Spotlight on the range of accessories from India
The fashion outlook for next summer and winter puts scarves in pole position when it comes to must-have accessories for men’s, women’s and junior collections. India is one of the great specialists for scarves and shawls with a broad and varied range, both in terms of fabrics and patterns as well as in added value like embroidery. It will be showcasing its expertise at the next exhibition with some twelve manufacturers who will be offering collections to update winter and precollections for 2013 cruise wear.
Apparel/Garments | On 25th Jun 2017
Adobe has released its first Digital Price Index for apparels,...
Textiles | On 25th Jun 2017
First Insight, a technology company transforming how retailers make...
‘The intimatewear category in India is slowly becoming trend-sensitive.’
‘There is huge demand in the Indian lingerie market for non-wired styles.’
Wigwam Mills Inc
Wigwam aims to recycle discarded yarn that doesn’t make it through the...
Kevin Nelson, Chief Scientific Officer, TissueGen discusses the growing...
Biovation II LLC
Kerem Durdag, CEO, Biovation II LLC, provides an insight into future...
Sidwin Fabric is a manufacturer and exporter of polypropylene textiles and ...
Bridal couture created with rich Indian heritage, exquisite craftsmanship...
Designers Pranav Mishra and Shyma Shetty’s Huemn is known for its...
Hyderabad-based designer <b>Prathyusha Garimella</b> is known for blending ...
Apparel/Garments | On 23rd Jun 2017